file Physical discipline helping cards [submission]

07 Dec 2019 13:35 - 07 Dec 2019 13:36 #98162 by Lech
Illusion of Immortality
:for:
:action:
+3 stealth action. If this vampire have capacity below 7, it cost two additional blood.
:for: Put this card on this vampire and unlock him or her. If vampire with this card would be burned, put 1 burn counter on this card and move him to torpor instead. If this card have 2 burn counters, burn it.
:FOR: As above, but 3 burn counters instead.

(really annoying card that make it hard to get rid of high capacity vampires - even inferior fortitude make the target REALLY hard to take down).

Celerity Refinement
:cel:
:combat:
:cel: Maneuver.
:CEL: Put this card on this vampire. You may play only one Celerity Refinement each combat. Burn this card to play any celerity combat card (must meet requirements as normal). Cost an additional blood for each 2 Celerity Refinement in your ash heap and/or if this vampire have capacity below 6.

(yes, you can play cards that you don't have, which make this card really powerful in limited numbers - but later in the game it cost a lot if you use it in high quantities - it's most important role is to STAY on vampire and not take up hand size).

Master of the Forge
:pot:
:action:
+2 stealth equip action
:pot: Search your library, hand or ash heap for a non-unique melee weapon, and equip it. This weapon inflicts +1 damage each strike.
:POT: As above, but this is +3 stealth action and this weapon costs 1 fewer blood or pool.

(help with melee weapon combat, potence already have +strength action so making one that works for some melee weapon enablers sounds fair)

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2019 13:36 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2019 15:43 #98164 by Lönkka
Interesting.

Not sure if the very card effective Fortitude needs more love in this amount?

If I understood correctly... I'm not sure if being able to play card that you don't have (ANY Celerity card) with Celerity Refinement's CEL is that a hot idea as it might well lead to situations where people don't bring any reference copies of the used cards with them which could lead to situations like "IIRC the card I'm using it for should've worked like this..."

Potence weapon combat would indeed be in need of all the love it can get. Master of the Forge unfortunately sounds pretty much like Forger's Hammer. Then again the latter one is an Action Modifier and thus they could be comboed. Would it be too cheesy? Knowing the effectiveness of Potence Melee Weapon Combat, probably not...

But searching the for a melee weapon at +3 stealth and getting +2 Damage at -2 Pool cost and sound pretty darn, erm, potent!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Dec 2019 17:16 #98165 by Lech
I wanted to give them some toys for torpor tricks, but probably overdid it.

With smartphones everywhere imo it shouldn't be a problem anymore. Overall it would give some flexibility, and people would use some fringe cards like ten additional strikes and taste back or you-can't-dodge. Or you can't combat ends with Hektor (cel-qui card)?

I think you can only use hammer if you play from hand, which you wouldn't in most cases.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
10 Dec 2019 16:24 - 10 Dec 2019 16:27 #98205 by Lönkka

I think you can only use hammer if you play from hand, which you wouldn't in most cases.

True that.
It does even say so on the card. :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 10 Dec 2019 16:27 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds