file Giving more melee weapons Bundi value?

15 Dec 2019 11:16 #98247 by Hakuron
Hi folks,

I wonder why "Bundi" is the only melee weapon reading: "Strike: hand strike at +1 damage. (This strike is both a hand strike and a melee weapon strike)."

I have no deeper knowledge about how weapons were/are handled, but this phrase could/should be valid for "Bang Nakh" and other small stuff, too, right?

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2019 13:35 #98250 by Kraus
Fair point. Bang Nakh and Brass Knuckles are both basically spiky fists, as is Bundi.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
15 Dec 2019 15:05 #98252 by Boris The Blade
Errating Bang Nakh would mean printing more Bang Nakh...

More seriously, :pot: + melee weapons might sound fluffy, but I am not sure it can ever be made to work with weapons that only add damage. Immortal Grapple already comes bundled with Torn Signpost. How much damage do I really need, and why would I spend pool, actions, and risk getting blocked while equipping when I can get the same effect for free?

Hand + weapon strikes might also be useful against an opponent's grapples, but I guess it would take a massive boost to :pot: and meta shift for that to become relevant.

More
15 Dec 2019 15:55 - 15 Dec 2019 15:56 #98253 by Kraus
Oh, i feel this is rather a thematic idea for consistent instead of a balance issue. :) those weapons would still be bad but the thematic coherency would be more robust.

In the same vein i wouldnt cry tears if Talbot Chainsaw was a melee weapon. But it isnt (much of) a balance issue.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 15 Dec 2019 15:56 by Kraus.

More
15 Dec 2019 18:56 #98256 by Hakuron

Oh, i feel this is rather a thematic idea for consistent instead of a balance issue. :) those weapons would still be bad but the thematic coherency would be more robust.

Yes, that is my intention.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
16 Dec 2019 09:02 #98260 by jamesatzephyr

Yes, that is my intention.

If it leaves them still bad, then the hassle of communicating errata for little useful effect is a pain, and if you reprint them to get the cards circulating with updated text then you're wasting reprint slots on cards that are still bad.

If there's a need to help melee weapons as a strategy (which there is), or Potence (more dubious), or Potence with melee weapons (which I am dubious about because Torn Signpost is so good, and having to equip weapons is painful), then I'd much prefer to see effort expended on worthwhile cards, rather than tweaking bad cards for theme purposes. Tweaking bad cards for theme purposes never ends, because no bad card fully represents the WoD background because this isn't an RPG.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds