file [submission] greedy financial trader

26 Jan 2020 08:49 - 26 Jan 2020 08:49 #98751 by snegiem
Good Morning,

I was thinking about investments cards recently and a way to make them have an impact on the game.

Greedy financial trader
Ally
cost zero
no prerequisite
Life 1 strength 0 bleed 0
Mortal. The greedy trader may add 1 counter on an investment card in play as a +1 stealth action.
Once per action, when the greedy trader makes a bleed action, you can burn a counter from an investment card you control to give him +1 bleed.
During your master phase, you can burn a counter from an investment card you control, if you do add to the greedy trader 1 life, if you do not burn : 1 life from the greedy trader unless you burn a pool.
Last edit: 26 Jan 2020 08:49 by snegiem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2020 12:56 #98758 by elotar
Too much text.
Still looks not so good to play.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
26 Jan 2020 13:56 #98759 by jamesatzephyr

Greedy financial trader
Ally
cost zero
no prerequisite
Mortal. The greedy trader may add 1 counter on an investment card in play as a +1 stealth action.
Once per action, when the greedy trader makes a bleed action, you can burn a counter from an investment card you control to give him +1 bleed.
During your master phase, you can burn a counter from an investment card you control, if you do add to the greedy trader 1 life, if you do not burn : 1 life from the greedy trader unless you burn a pool.

Not massively seeing the point.

It's free, but most of the investment cards aren't - exceptions, Ventrue Investment (for the !Ventrue) and Swiss Cut (for the Giovanni). So there's an implicit pool cost for the bleed anyway.

Since the bleeds will be at zero stealth, you're probably looking at wanting to play this with an Obfuscate clan, for things like Cloak the Gathering, Veil the Legions, or Psychic Veil. Would those vampires just better off equipping a bleed enhancer? Cameraphone is free but doesn't stack, but may be useful to some Obfuscate clans without access to really good bleed actions (like Govern or Kindred Spirits), but Tasha and JS Simmons are free. Laptop Computer has a pool cost, but so would paying for Short Term Investment - and you save yourself a master phase action, which can be potentially better employed playing a good card.

Most decks are unlikely to be packing large numbers of investments (as they still want to play Villein, Dreams, and all the rest). Leaving aside issues of what happens if you don't pull the card early in the game, you may well want to make use of the action to put a counter on the investment card to prolong its life. That means you get to bleed for one every other turn.

More
26 Jan 2020 14:55 #98760 by LivesByProxy
I agree with Elotar. Too much text.

Also, why not have him cost 1 or 2 blood and have 1 bleed? Remove all that extra text, and makes him a decent ally.

Financial Trader
:ally: Ally
Cost 1 :blood: Blood
1 Life, 0 Strength, 1 Bleed.
:action:: With +2 stealth, Financial Trader can burn 1 blood from a vampire you control to add 1 counter to an Investment card.

Now he actually "trades" something. BTW, we could use the action symbol in the cards text box to show that the ally is taking an action.

My attempt at promoting Investment cards:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2302814966667309&set=gm.604865503294618&type=3&theater
Would remove that last part about stealing the Powerbase now. Too much text.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
27 Jan 2020 17:16 #98780 by snegiem
I have read all your posts and am still thinking :
investments cards have an heavy cost in terms of timing:
- you need to spend a master phase action to gain 1 pool from them
- there is only two - three cards allowing other ways to retrieve them by other means: allan sovereign 2 versions and the wallstreet financial newspaper master

=> so at the present:
- ventrue is the only clan to have a vampire able to interact with them
- invest cards with requirement exists for : giovanni and ventrue antitribe
- multiple masters cards can give an asset to use them but multiple masters cards (pantheon, cybele, anson...) prefers to play ashur and liquidation to gain more pools per master phase
- there is maybe an idea between secret horde and financial newspaper and swarm decks but i am not sure that it would be as much interesting as an art scam by toreador antitribe

so i am looking for a way to use repeatedly the counters without spending master phases actions.... i know that this ally text is a bit long (and not sure compared to succubus ally for example or even nephandus)... it would need some more assets... and less frailty...
but I did not want to make it better as bleeding than the political ally of the ventrue for example nor to make a killer combo straight if employed by an obscufate clan... or too "swarm" if played by multi action deck (even if una is dead)...

More
28 Jan 2020 19:48 - 28 Jan 2020 19:49 #98800 by Sambomb
Greedy financial trader
:ally: Ally
cost 1 blood
no prerequisite
Mortal. The greedy trader may move 1 blood from a ready vampire to an investment card in play as a +2 stealth action.
You can burn 1 counter from an investment to bleed with +1 bleed and +1 stealth.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510
Last edit: 28 Jan 2020 19:49 by Sambomb.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds