file [submission] greedy financial trader

29 Jan 2020 17:25 - 29 Jan 2020 17:32 #98809 by snegiem
livebyproxy: your version is very close to a procurer, but i would be careful to add to the game any non unique ally costing 1 and able to bleed for one without adding a frailty...
Creating an army with charisma and freak drive would seem too much easy

sambomb: i am wondering to your last sentence "You can burn 1 counter from an investment to bleed with +1 bleed and +1 stealth." would you mean rather: "once per action you burn a counter from an investment to give the trader +1 bleed and +1 stealth" ?

and with both of your propositions, the issue is still the same: adding counter to an investment is nice but as they cost a master phase action to be used after, are they not going to be stored for nothing ? I will keep looking rather for a way to use them rather than to collect more of them.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2020 17:32 by snegiem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2020 17:40 #98810 by snegiem
what would you think of the following ? too much text still ?

Greedy financial traders
Ally
cost zero
no prerequisite
Life 1 strength 0 bleed 0
Mortal. During your master phase, you lose a pool and the trader gain a life unless you burn a counter from an investment you control.
The traders have +1 bleed as long as they have two lifes or more.
If you control no investment during your discard phase, burn all traders in play.

More
29 Jan 2020 20:33 #98812 by Sambomb

sambomb: i am wondering to your last sentence "You can burn 1 counter from an investment to bleed with +1 bleed and +1 stealth." would you mean rather: "once per action you burn a counter from an investment to give the trader +1 bleed and +1 stealth" ?

No, this avoid bigger bleeds with camera phone, computer hacking, etc...

and with both of your propositions, the issue is still the same: adding counter to an investment is nice but as they cost a master phase action to be used after, are they not going to be stored for nothing ? I will keep looking rather for a way to use them rather than to collect more of them.

You can use the counter to gain pool or to bleed if you dont want to spend a MPA

A blood cost is a brake to avoid one investor to bring another.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

More
29 Jan 2020 23:28 #98813 by LivesByProxy
Emerald Legionnaire exists, FYI.

Would prefer something like a Ventrue :ventrue: action that gets pool from the Investments.

Hedge Fund
Requires: Ventrue :ventrue:
Cost: 1 :blood: Blood
:action: Action: With +1 stealth, this Ventrue moves all but 1 counter from an Investment card you control to your pool.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
02 Feb 2020 07:37 #98856 by snegiem
yes emerald legionnaires exist but they have a restriction: they can employed only by harbinger of skulls... and some exotic ways (temporis, mata hari...)

I was looking to create a more "generic card": as investments are "clanless" mostly and as the one requiring a clan or using them are dispatched in three different clans: ventrue, ventrue antitribe and giovanni...

More
02 Feb 2020 15:16 - 02 Feb 2020 15:17 #98861 by Bloodartist

livebyproxy: your version is very close to a procurer, but i would be careful to add to the game any non unique ally costing 1 and able to bleed for one without adding a frailty...

Yeah, non-unique bleeding allies can be really strong given circumstances. (cough legionnaires cough)

Eccentric billionaire is not unique, but costs 3.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 02 Feb 2020 15:17 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds