file [Submission] !Tremere and Thaumaturgy cards

18 Mar 2020 14:34 #99361 by Sambomb
A review:

Infernal Jury
Cardtype: Retainer
Clan: Tremere antitribu
Unique demon with 3 life
During a political action the employer can burn a blood to get +3 votes during the referendum.

Relocation
Cardtype: Action modifier
Discipline: Thaumaturgy
Cost: 1 blood
[tha] +1 stealth, not usable during a bleed action.
[THA] Only usable during an undirected action. +2 stealth.

Forcefield
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Thaumaturgy
Cost: X
Only usable before range is determined, only one forcefield can be played each combat.
[tha] Put X counters in this card, each round you burn may burn 1 counter to prevent 1 damage.
[THA] As above, but up to 2 counters per round. When the combat ends you gain 1 blood for each counter in this card.

Archbishop of Itaocara
Prince ID #510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2020 15:55 #99384 by LivesByProxy

How my imaginary cards are part of a "real problem"?

You're part of Black Chantry, aren't you? If so, presumably you'd have some influence in creating new cards.

You say that it gives options, but the design is boring. It's an ally that sits there granting passive votes, not interacting with players. You dont even tap it for votes, it just promotes vote locking the table. It could be much more interesting and proactively interact with the table.

As for the stealth card, is that the only way we can think of to get actions through? Just giving it +stealth? Again, its disappointing. I hoped for more creative solutions.

I actually like the Forcefield card though, because it is interesting. It should probably only prevent ranged damage though.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
19 Mar 2020 16:19 - 19 Mar 2020 16:20 #99385 by Ankha

How my imaginary cards are part of a "real problem"?

You're part of Black Chantry, aren't you? If so, presumably you'd have some influence in creating new cards.

To be totally clear: I don't. I leave that to the design team (otherwise, I wouldn't be posting in this part of the forum).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Mar 2020 16:20 by Ankha.

More
19 Mar 2020 17:35 - 19 Mar 2020 17:47 #99386 by Kiddo
How about just making a THA stealth card, not usable on bleed actions? Or non-D actions, not to be too similar to Forgotten Labyrinth? Like +1/+2, no cost. Not too exciting, but quite useful.

This should solve the very possible problem of giving another stealth option to a clan with Dominate.

I'd also like to see a THA-based Political card, not unlike what DoC got. This could be a bit more powerful card than a regular KRC/Boon/whatever, but could give a bit of flavor to political angle, especially to clan(s) with no Presence.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2020 17:47 by Kiddo.

More
21 Mar 2020 00:51 #99402 by Lönkka
Infernal Jury
Trumps Ventrue HQ as it doesn't need to be tapped (sure it does need to be recruited) and is free.
No thank you!

Relocation
More stealth to Thaumaturgy?
Please, no. Just no!
Wasn't Mirror Walk enough?

Forcefield
At zero cost sounds like the card wants to outperform Fortitude.
Which would be kinda silly in damage prevention department, wouldn't it?
And Thaumaturgy already has Rego Motus which has a cost.

Lastly, these weren't answered and at least the last one is important bit here...

Art notes:
World of Darkness reference:
How does this card address a compelling game need?:

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds