file Proxies and the VEKN

06 Feb 2011 17:06 #1088 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

There are pros for proxies and there are cons. Proxies should be allowed in the cases where the pros outweigh the cons. It might not be worth it to devalue the game and discourage future manufacturers by proxying every card in the game but it might be worth it to proxy a limited number of hard to get but highly in demand cards.

Proxying some cards in the game, especially the hard to get but highly in demand cards, will devalue the game and possibly discourage future manufacturers.

I'm not particularly in favor of allowing proxies in official play for various practical reasons. But if you are going to allow proxies? Allow proxies. Don't allow a few proxies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2011 18:05 #1090 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

There are pros for proxies and there are cons. Proxies should be allowed in the cases where the pros outweigh the cons. It might not be worth it to devalue the game and discourage future manufacturers by proxying every card in the game but it might be worth it to proxy a limited number of hard to get but highly in demand cards.

Proxying some cards in the game, especially the hard to get but highly in demand cards, will devalue the game and possibly discourage future manufacturers.

Sure it will. Pros and cons. That's what I just said.

I'm not particularly in favor of allowing proxies in official play for various practical reasons. But if you are going to allow proxies? Allow proxies. Don't allow a few proxies.

That's what you keep saying. Can you tell me why it has to be all or nothing instead of a case by case decision?

More
06 Feb 2011 18:35 #1091 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN

Can you tell me why it has to be all or nothing instead of a case by case decision?

How hard is it to keep track of errata?
How hard is it to keep track of banned cards?

Now you want to add another list of cards that must be tracked separately as "allowed proxies"?

Just say no.

More
06 Feb 2011 18:42 #1092 by Suoli
Errata sometimes causes problems. I've heard of new players showing up with banned cards but haven't witnessed it myself. A new player that is aware of certain proxies being allowed would also be aware of what proxies are allowed. I'm not convinced that this would be a major problem.

More
06 Feb 2011 18:42 #1093 by Shockwave
Replied by Shockwave on topic Re: Proxies and the VEKN
I'm with Lasombra / Bakija on this. If you must have proxies, allow any, don't come up with some arbitrary list because what is rare in one playgroup may not be for all.

:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: Here we go again....
Dave Knowles (Advanced)
Sabbat Bishop of Manchester

More
06 Feb 2011 18:46 #1095 by Suoli

I'm with Lasombra / Bakija on this. If you must have proxies, allow any, don't come up with some arbitrary list because what is rare in one playgroup may not be for all.

I agree, don't make it arbitrary, take a look at what cards are in very limited supply and in very high demand. Consider allowing proxies for those cards. Don't allow every card to be proxied, though. That would kill any chance of a company picking up the game again.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds