file Dial-a-Booster

08 Feb 2011 01:29 #1174 by Juggernaut1981
If, for come miracle, it was possible for WW-CCP and WotC-Hasbro agree to allow VEKN (or some other company) print VTES cards (say on a royalty), I thought this might be an interesting way to sell them... if people would be insterested. So would you buy cards this way?

Dial-a-Booster
Say the boosters were going to be 11 Cards (6 Commons, 2 Uncommons, 2 Vampires, 1 Rare) for a fixed price. You would be able to choose the 11 cards that would go into your booster... but you couldn't buy a 'partial booster', but could buy 'multiple boosters'. You could choose to buy a booster with 6 Flashes, 2 Immortal Grapples, 1 Jacko, 1 Theo Bell and 1 Giants Blood. (Or something similar).

Would you, the players, consider buying cards this way off say a website, like On-Demand Printing of CDs/Books?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2011 02:19 #1179 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster
I wouldn't be interested in less than a starter deck size package of cards. Shipping a 4 pound package internationally is fairly cheap. Printing on card stock isn't (generally). It can be done, there was a one-off storyline in Montreal with cards printed up by a regular print shop. They didn't do a large quantity, nor did they do a large variety.

DrivethruRPG would be your best contact for that type of proposal.
The people that own it still have lots of existing inventory in VTES cards though.

More
08 Feb 2011 02:29 #1181 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster
So Lasombra,
You'd suggest that it should basically be "Dial-a-Deck" Print-on-demand? 12 Crypt Cards, 88 library cards (8 rares, 16 uncommons, 64 commons or similar breakdown).

I'm mostly wondering if people would like to instead of buying a 'random booster', the company publishing VTES would release a new set of cards onto Site X where we could all go past and "Dial-a-Deck" or "Dial-a-Booster" for our own collections. Instead of just taking a lucky dip, but also without going down the LCG line entirely. (Part customizable by the buyer, limited availability of Uncommons & Rares like a standard CCG, no initial outlay for the printer other than establishing a layout/printsheet setup to allow those cards to be printed as PoD)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Feb 2011 03:21 #1183 by librarian
Replied by librarian on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster
Not a bad idea Juggs. I might buy cards like that. I'm trying to work through the issues in my head right now.

More
08 Feb 2011 05:33 - 08 Feb 2011 05:34 #1185 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster

Say the boosters were going to be 11 Cards (6 Commons, 2 Uncommons, 2 Vampires, 1 Rare) for a fixed price. You would be able to choose the 11 cards that would go into your booster... but you couldn't buy a 'partial booster', but could buy 'multiple boosters'. You could choose to buy a booster with 6 Flashes, 2 Immortal Grapples, 1 Jacko, 1 Theo Bell and 1 Giants Blood. (Or something similar).

Would you, the players, consider buying cards this way off say a website, like On-Demand Printing of CDs/Books?

I probably would buy cards with that model, although I'm not sure I prefer it over a random distribution, as I've always rather enjoyed the lucky packet aspect to buying boosters.

One possible negative aspect that occurs to me: is Our playgroup (as I believe several others do), maintains a box of useful common cards that are available cheaply to new players to get help their collections going. If I'm buying boosters where I can choose not to include cards I don't need, there's less going into the commons box.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
Last edit: 08 Feb 2011 05:34 by drnlmza. Reason: Try to clarifty really horribly written paragraph

More
08 Feb 2011 07:34 #1186 by Oshi
Replied by Oshi on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster
Just something to consider, Would this be restricted by set? If not, how would you handle varying rarities...
Attachments:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds