file Dial-a-Booster

08 Feb 2011 08:05 #1187 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster
It would be purchased by-set (so you couldn't mix Cam Ed cards and Third Ed cards unless they were printed in both sets).

Varying rarities is comparatively easy, because you would limit the maximum copies of a card in each purchase using the variable rarities.

Ironically, purchasing them this way won't change the "commons box" phenomena because old players would still be buying common-rarity cards and would no doubt be buying cards that they will have little use for because they already have an excess of them. For example, I have 81 WWEF outside my decks... Spare or unwanted cardslots (which are likely to be commons) will still end up in the Group Commons Box.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2011 08:36 #1188 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster

If, for come miracle, it was possible for WW-CCP and WotC-Hasbro agree to allow VEKN (or some other company) print VTES cards (say on a royalty), I thought this might be an interesting way to sell them... if people would be insterested. So would you buy cards this way?

Dial-a-Booster
Say the boosters were going to be 11 Cards (6 Commons, 2 Uncommons, 2 Vampires, 1 Rare) for a fixed price. You would be able to choose the 11 cards that would go into your booster... but you couldn't buy a 'partial booster', but could buy 'multiple boosters'. You could choose to buy a booster with 6 Flashes, 2 Immortal Grapples, 1 Jacko, 1 Theo Bell and 1 Giants Blood. (Or something similar).

Would you, the players, consider buying cards this way off say a website, like On-Demand Printing of CDs/Books?

Definitively not that way, as it would pose
expensive packing needs and lot of troubles,
that is as long as customers choose the singles
in the "packs" there must be someone that packs
them as desired.
Too much efforts.

Much better to have the game produced again in a lcg format (as
the couple of yearly storyline kits, oulined before, suggest)

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
08 Feb 2011 09:04 #1190 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Dial-a-Booster
I actually don't expect them to put it into any packaging they don't already have, like say the generic boxes that come with KoT starters (without the plastic outers). I'd be just fine with it all coming in a simple cardboard box (for starter sized amounts of cards) or even simple paper envelopes or whatever...

To me the packaging of the cards is irrelevant.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds