question-circle How do YOU sort your cards?

29 Nov 2011 16:43 #16463 by porphyrion
all my cards are organized per clan (vampires AND library cards). if two or more clans share a single discipline, then the cards are asigned to the oldest clan, except for dominate, fortitude & animalism (those are kept seperate because at least three clans share this discipline and i use them practically half the time).

Masters, disciplinless combat cards, disciplineless reaction cards etc are also kept seperately. none alphabetically, but i never missed that. i think i can find any card within 2 minutes max.

my metal cabinets (with sliders) are key to my card organizing. each hold about 2500 cards and provide easier access than cardboxes imo as they can also be placed closer to eye level. friends of mine have to go through their cards in boxes on the floor and i feel sorry for them!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2011 17:55 #16473 by TorranceCircle

my metal cabinets (with sliders) are key to my card organizing. each hold about 2500 cards and provide easier access than cardboxes imo as they can also be placed closer to eye level. friends of mine have to go through their cards in boxes on the floor and i feel sorry for them!

Do you have a picture of the metal boxes? Where did you get them?

More
29 Nov 2011 18:31 #16479 by Wedge
Crypt is sorted by clan>group>cap

Library is sorted by requirement>type>alphabetical

My collection has allot of categories in it, but I do not want to have to use a program every time I build a deck.

More
29 Nov 2011 18:54 #16481 by Lönkka
I store my cards in 2400 count boxes . Used shoeboxes and such for ages but got tired on non-standard sized boxes and setteled for boxes that were designed for CCGs. Sure they cost a couple euros but are SO much easier to use and store.

Library cards:
When Nights of Reckoning came out I separated all cards that don't require a vampire from the rest. Not that sure if it was that hot a move, but it has been useful sometimes when I've built a deck that focuses heavily on Allies.

Otherwise library cards are organized by:
-cards not requiring anything (within: by cardtype)
-cards requiring a discipline (within: by cardtype but combos first and multi-discipline cards are considered to be a separate discipline "AA")
-cards requiring a clan (-"-)
-cards requiring a sect (-"-)

If a card benefits, say a clan, then those are thrown in with the cards that require the same clan. For example Siphon, certain Crusades/Paxis Seizures etc.

Crypt cards are organized by clan and then alphabetically.
(I have binders that contain the latest version of each card and in those vampires are organized by group within their clan)

Ah, I see little benefit in involving rarity to the mix.
Used to do so, but gave it up.
Doesn't help deck building...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Nov 2011 20:07 #16485 by Izaak
Library:

* By discipline, alphabetical
* Masters, alphabetical
* No requirement, by cardtype, alphabetical

Crypt:

* By clan, alphabetical

I used to have all my library alphabetical, but found that actually construcing the deck goes faster if stuff's sorted by discipline/cardtype.

More
29 Nov 2011 20:27 #16488 by emime
I am right now in the process of re-sorting my collection after a long time, using new cardboard boxes for collectible cards. As I always use ARDB for deck-building, my cards are simply being sorted as follows:

- Crypt: Clan, then alphabetically
- Library: Card type (e.g. Master, Action, ...), then alphabetically

Exceptions:
- multi-type cards (e.g. Action Modifier/Combat) are under a single "Combo" type, then alphabetically
- all Nights of Reckoning cards are on their own (sorted in the same way as the others, but separate from them)

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds