question-circle How do YOU sort your cards?

28 Dec 2011 11:03 #19466 by extrala

I have five Helmer from Ikea and a couple of shoeboxes, that I didnt sorted out yet properly. The Helmer are modified, so they have 3 rows and anti-skid foil.

Everything is sorted very neatly, so putting a deck together takes me about 5-10 minutes.

Can you snap a picture or two of the modified Helmer and post it here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 11:37 - 28 Dec 2011 11:52 #19468 by Chaitan
I have Three large plastic boxes, two smaller and a two plastic row and all cards in piles separated by cardboards.

First box has piles of vampires sorted by clan+clan cards, capacity and group.

Second box has discipline cards each pile is one discipline in chaotic order.

Third box is misc cards, one pile for master discipline cards, two piles for non-discipline action cards, two piles for vote cards, one pile for non-discipline reaction cards, one pile for non-discipline combat cards, one pile for weapons, one pile for non-weapon equipment, one pile for event cards, one pile for tri-discipline cards, one pile for anarch cards, one pile for black hand cards and so on.

Then I have two smaller boxes for cards I never use or have too many of.

A plastic top that fits into one of the smaller boxes hold that has two rows of master cards sorted by alphabet.
Another plastic top with two rows hold all bloodline specific cards (vampires, disciplines, others).

I'm planning to buy five www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/super-monster-storage-box-5000-ct.htm with dividers and sort all cards (roughly ~24000) by alphabet but I need to motivate me to that the huge transport cost to Sweden is worth it just for some pieces of cardboard.

[edit]
I have another small box for finished decks. I have about 30-40 decks and construct/de-construct about 1-2 per week.
Last edit: 28 Dec 2011 11:52 by Chaitan.

More
28 Dec 2011 11:43 #19469 by Killjoy71
In my case, shoe boxes do the trick.

The 5 boxes are split in the following order (all cards in alphabetical order):

1) Action modifiers/ actions
2) Combat / Master
3) Allies/Retainers/Equipment/Reactions/Political actions/Events
4) Crypt cards( by clan )
5) Decks currently under construction

VTES is not for the faint of heart...especially when you don't have a enough blood.

Prince Of Geneva

More
28 Dec 2011 13:07 #19471 by Shadowhunter
One smaller box and one bigger box, both in cardboard.
The smaller is for vampires and Imbued cards.
Vampires are sorted alphabetically clan-wise. Within the clan sorted by capacity. The Imbued cards are not sorted, I'm just using them to separate the two lines of vampire cards.

The bigger box is library cards.
Alphabetically, goes:
Masters, Actions, Political Actions, Action Modifiers, Reactions, Combo Cards, Events, Combat (alphabetically x2 (discipline name(card name))), Equipment, Allies, Retainers.

I'd prefer to have the combo and event cards after retainers, but it doesn't fit as neatly then.

Oh and then the final file/pile is unsorted cards and decks either in the making or currently being modified/disassembled.

More
02 Feb 2012 23:13 - 03 Feb 2012 16:23 #22266 by talonz

Attachment Apr2006001.jpg not found

I have a shelf in my games room dedicated to vtes, sorted by expansion (cut box tops at the back of the cardbox row to id them), then by card type, then discipline, then cost. I can find nearly any card that way in 5 seconds or less.

That image is 6 years old, it has grown considerably since then!
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Feb 2012 16:23 by talonz.

More
03 Feb 2012 06:34 #22271 by Mephistopheles
SORT?

Sorting lvl: FAIL

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal Bertrand, Amenophobis

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds