check Important facts about the first V:EKN set in development

10 Mar 2012 01:44 #25467 by Jesper

I think VEKN could be described as a multi-tiered representative democracy. Players to Princes. Princes to National Coordinators. National Coordinators to Inner Circle.

And I understand why it could seem that way but its wrong.

IC selects NC's,

The Inner Circle may have chosen a few National Coordinators in countries where there is only one or two active princes. But the usual process is to conduct a vote amongst the princes of a given country to elect a National Coordinator.

NC's select princes

8. A National Coordinator will help the VEKN with the appointment of new Princes, particularly with providing the VEKN with information about the prospective Prince and his/her play group. The final authority for the appointment of Princes remains with the VEKN.

This just proves my point where we have this system, where the ones "electing" each other are the persons selected by the same persons.

Have I said any of this is a problem, for the 117th time no, but dont try to pretend its something it isent.

Also Im still not aware of what forum the other NCs are giving advice to the ICs as refered to earlier. Unless we are talking about the ever super importent issue of how many t-shirts every country needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2012 07:19 #25473 by Damnans

This just proves my point where we have this system, where the ones "electing" each other are the persons selected by the same persons.

I'll tell you what really happens most of the time:

1. A player who wants to become a prince contacts his national cordinator.
2. His national coordinator contacts me to add that player to the prince list and give him access to the prince forum.
3. I add that player to the prince list and give him access to the prince forum.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, henrik

More
10 Mar 2012 12:26 #25498 by Reyda

Jesper : "things go like "A" and it's not democratic"
forumguy 1 : "actually, things go more like "B" "
forumguy 2 : "it's not really "A" my friend "
officialguy 1 : "no, things go like " B" "
officialguy 2 : "yes, it's always been like "B", it never was like "A" "
Jesper : "my point exactly."
me : "WAT?" :silly:

sorry to pick on you Jesper, but by reading the previous post that's exactly what i percieved.:whistle:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
10 Mar 2012 17:35 #25526 by johannes
To lay all the doubts at rest that there is some kind of huge and secret communication going on in the Inner Circle I have listed all the relevant threads from the IC forum here. The list doesn´t list ALL threads, but all that had some kind of relevant discussion (it is about 50% of the threads).

There is simply an IC forum because we assigned a forum to each group within the VEKN.

I think it is pretty obvious that this stuff is where it belongs. Review of official postings in public doesn´t make sense. Chosing team members, well that is the way it is right now. We never elected the ones listed.

- Response to the Design Team incident
- Providing "Counter-type" cards (i.e Anarch etc..)
- Expansion name for the new set
- Artist Contract
- State of the V:EKN 01/01/2012 review
- RTR 20111202 review
- Prize support for princes and national coordinators
- Facebook presence
- Art Director position
- Rules Coordinator position
- Design Team members

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds