file Timeouts in tournaments

15 Mar 2012 08:54 #25889 by jhattara

What about changing .5 VP for surviving to time limit, to -.25 VP penalty? I’ve noticed that „Grab 2 VP, stall the game, get GW“ was quite often the strategy on last EC. This way one will have to act more instead of wait in order to win the game.

I would strongly disapprove such decision, because penalizing people for not losing is never good. With that losing the game (e.g. self-ousting) would actually be playing to win (0 VP is more than -0.25 VP).

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2012 10:31 - 15 Mar 2012 10:32 #25894 by DTA
Replied by DTA on topic Re: Timeouts in tournaments
Would not only giving players that already got 1 or more VPs eligible for the 0.5vp solve many timeout situations? since then you would gain noting from just surviving to the end.
Last edit: 15 Mar 2012 10:32 by DTA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan

More
15 Mar 2012 10:37 #25895 by jhattara

Would not only giving players that already got 1 or more VPs eligible for the 0.5vp solve many timeout situations? since then you would gain noting from just surviving to the end.

Same issue. 2vp is more than 1.75vp.

More
15 Mar 2012 10:51 #25896 by TunFiskeMad

I think he ment: Only people with atleast 1 vp will get the 0,5 vp in case of at timeout.

- I have bitten the mighy judge-beard.

More
15 Mar 2012 11:08 #25898 by jhattara

I think he ment: Only people with atleast 1 vp will get the 0,5 vp in case of at timeout.

Wouldn't do anything to the perceived issue of people first getting 2 vp quickly and then stopping to wait for the 0.5 more and GW.

More
15 Mar 2012 11:11 #25899 by Amenophobis

Wouldn't do anything to the perceived issue of people first getting 2 vp quickly and then stopping to wait for the 0.5 more and GW.

If surviving players wouldn't get .5 VPs at the end, the player with 2 victorpoints would still have the GW, assuming he had more VPs than eny other players.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds