file Timeouts in tournaments

21 Apr 2012 22:17 #28308 by johannes

Exactly as I said?

Playing bounce means you don't have to bloat or go backwards, thus you can design your deck to go forward and thus oust people. Not having access to bounce forces you to either go backwards or play excessive bloat, both of which slow down games.

I see way more stealth vote lately than stealth bleed (SB being consistent bleeds for 3+ with more than one stealth). Bounce isn't really as much an answer as it used to be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2012 07:47 #28548 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
I think stalling should be grounds for disqualification. That is all I have to say.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
24 Apr 2012 10:16 #28559 by 1up20x6
Replied by 1up20x6 on topic Re: Timeouts in tournaments
The problem then would be, 'what qualifies as stalling?' Any player can justify trying to make deals with other players, so long as they aren't being too conspicuous about it.

Any deck can win, whether you're using stealth bleed, rush combat, or Soul Gem combos. It doesn't matter if your minions use Auspex, Thaumaturgy, or Melpominee. What matters is the Methuselah uses Presence. That is how deals are made. That is how games are won.

No, you misunderstand. I don't want...

More
25 Apr 2012 06:29 #28642 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Timeouts in tournaments

I think stalling should be grounds for disqualification. That is all I have to say.

vekn.net/index.php/judges-guide

Check:
141. Slow Play - Playing Slowly
152. Unsportsmanlike Conduct - Major (example B)

First a staller gets a Caution according to 141; please note that the judge can also assign more time for the game as he thinks it is appropriate.

If after the caution the player still stalls the judge now can assign a Game Loss for the staller.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds