check Blitz Round of Playtest Drawing to a Close

15 May 2012 08:43 #30408 by Surreal
Oh I thought nobody really thinks that the fan sets would official anytime. If there are some good cards in sets Vekn could play test part of those cards in next set more carefully and publish them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2012 08:44 - 15 May 2012 08:45 #30409 by KevinM

I do believe, however, that if at some point a fan set gained widespread popularity to the point that events were being run 'unofficially' solely to include said set, forums were inundated with deck lists and threads discussing the cards in said set, etc, it could lead to a best case scenario discussion. Likely? No. Possible? Maybe.

Literally anything is possible in the universe, so you are using a lot of words to say nothing.

Unless you are saying that you intend to create fan-tournaments at the cost of other tournaments -- because they won't be side-by-side, they'll be an alternative, because players only have so much time to devote to recreational activities. Then you're talking about sabotaging the VEKN.

When a for-profit company is printing cards for purchase, anything somebody photoshops and prints at home is irrelevant. In the current atmosphere, you never know.

Why do you believe that printed cards are equivalent to some sort of police force that renders fan sets irrelevant? That's one of the most bizarre statements I've ever heard anyone utter.

What we know is that "the current atmosphere" is this: any fan cards that people decide to print out won't be allowed in official tournaments. There's your "irrelevant". It's really that simple. No one's ever done it before, anywhere, ever, in the history of the game. There's no reason to believe that this particular fan set will be any different, unless some players attempt to create dissent and do some real, serious damage to the VTES community.

The existence of and/or the play testing of any fan set is irrelevant to the actual CCG. The fact that this fan set is being treated differently from any other fan set by a few of the players isn't surprising because the circumstances are different.

The conclusion that some players have drawn, that after all the public divisiveness initiated by the splinter group that this splinter group's fan set is likely to be treated any differently than any other fan set because of the divisive nature of its creation is a testament to self-delusion.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 15 May 2012 08:45 by KevinM.

More
15 May 2012 08:59 #30412 by KevinM

Unlike other set they have quite a lot of publicity and a significant bit of legitimacy already.

It has been publicly stated that their cards have zero legitimacy among the game's governing body, and those are the only group of people that matter for purposes of getting their fan set made tournament-legal.

I, and presumably everyone else reading this thread, don't really care much about non-tournament legal cards, except as an interesting thought-exercise.

But you have gone so far in the hate against three peoples that you will feel the heat if they are right - and players will see "right" by looking at the card.

English may not be your primary language -- although you speak it well -- so in order to make it clear for you I will say this: there is no hate towards any person in any of my posts.

If you had ignored them perhaps I and a lot of players wouldn't be that interested.

It would have been impossible to ignore them. They posted on the public forums and to have deleted their words from a public forum would have been censorship.

But the personal hate and jerkish moves against them have stirred interests.

That may be. But I will continue to say that players who believe that this fan set will be treated any differently than any other fan set because of the divisive nature of its creation are delusional.

More
15 May 2012 09:02 #30413 by Wookie813

I do believe, however, that if at some point a fan set gained widespread popularity to the point that events were being run 'unofficially' solely to include said set, forums were inundated with deck lists and threads discussing the cards in said set, etc, it could lead to a best case scenario discussion. Likely? No. Possible? Maybe.

Literally anything is possible in the universe, so you are using a lot of words to say nothing.

Unless you are saying that you intend to create fan-tournaments at the cost of other tournaments -- because they won't be side-by-side, they'll be an alternative, because players only have so much time to devote to recreational activities. Then you're talking about sabotaging the VEKN.

When a for-profit company is printing cards for purchase, anything somebody photoshops and prints at home is irrelevant. In the current atmosphere, you never know.

Why do you believe that printed cards are equivalent to some sort of police force that renders fan sets irrelevant? That's one of the most bizarre statements I've ever heard anyone utter.

What we know is that "the current atmosphere" is this: any fan cards that people decide to print out won't be allowed in official tournaments. There's your "irrelevant". It's really that simple. No one's ever done it before, anywhere, ever, in the history of the game. There's no reason to believe that this particular fan set will be any different, unless some players attempt to create dissent and do some real, serious damage to the VTES community.

The existence of and/or the play testing of any fan set is irrelevant to the actual CCG. The fact that this fan set is being treated differently from any other fan set by a few of the players isn't surprising because the circumstances are different.

The conclusion that some players have drawn, that after all the public divisiveness initiated by the splinter group that this splinter group's fan set is likely to be treated any differently than any other fan set because of the divisive nature of its creation is a testament to self-delusion.

I've made my points, and I believe you are smart enough to decipher my perspective, despite how bizarre it may have been stated. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else I'm right. I will in fact concede that you are unequivocally right, and that I was foolish to even consider having an opinion that wasn't yours. My apologies to the community.

I'm just as interested to see the VEKN set, and whatever happens or doesn't, it has the same impact on me: none.

I suggest a new strategy...let the Wookie win.

More
15 May 2012 09:12 #30414 by KevinM

I've made my points, and I believe you are smart enough to decipher my perspective, despite how bizarre it may have been stated.

No, actually I'm not smart enough to do so. That's why I ask questions: because I don't know and I want to know.

I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else I'm right. I will in fact concede that you are unequivocally right, and that I was foolish to even consider having an opinion that wasn't yours. My apologies to the community.

Oh, please. Grow up.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wookie813

More
15 May 2012 09:48 #30426 by Wookie813

I'm not talking about doing any such thing. I'm offering that it is within the realm of reasonable possibility that it could happen. If it does and the VEKN doesn't acknowledge it, they are sabotaging themselves. But as you so aptly pointed out, I, and anyone else who thinks a fan set could get undeniably popular, are delusional.

I honestly hope both sets are stellar, and doubt that the splinter set will be so much better that the VEKN will have to consider it at all. They are sure to put out a set that is complete enough to be able to argue the splinter set as redundant.

Too far off the rails, here. My apologies to the community again.

Best of luck with your endeavor J/E/C. I anxiously look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I suggest a new strategy...let the Wookie win.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds