file Gary Chatterton again ?

31 May 2012 08:08 #31490 by Reyda
Just for fun : somebody asked me if the printing tool I posted above was with most recent print of the cards. Why ? Because he did not want the deflection by Gary Chatterton. I laughed a lot :)
There was much discussion about this "artist" in the rec.tradingcards.blahblah, and at some point we all agreed that we would get over it. Seems it's still a concern :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2012 09:21 #31498 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Gary Chatterton again ?
While I tend to have an affection towards the older card designs (the older, the better), so I may not be the most objective person, I'd never ever play with a card with its art 'designed' by this person. Heck, I only ever play with max 3 Dreams, because the fourth one I own is the new one...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
31 May 2012 11:42 #31503 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Gary Chatterton again ?

While I tend to have an affection towards the older card designs (the older, the better), so I may not be the most objective person, I'd never ever play with a card with its art 'designed' by this person. Heck, I only ever play with max 3 Dreams, because the fourth one I own is the new one...

And still the new Dreams is okay. I mean, you get the idea. The new Bum's Rush and Deflection, however...

//shudder

Why ever did they do them in the first place? I still sometimes wake up in the night screaming, Chattertons flashing in my eyes.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
31 May 2012 11:57 #31504 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Gary Chatterton again ?
Personnaly I took all the deflections from Chatterton and replaced the illustration by this.

and of course, when deflecting, don't forget to ask "You mad, bro ?"

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
31 May 2012 12:02 #31505 by Pendargon
deflection, and bum's rush are awful. But the one that takes the cake is new Depravity. It must be UGGLIEST picture i have seen on any card, in any cardgame.

My cat has better photoshop skills then Gary Chatterton. I never use his cards, never ever

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
31 May 2012 12:23 #31506 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Gary Chatterton again ?
What irks me the most is that those cards are such a huge wasted opportunity. I mean, if they have only said: 'look guys, these are the cards that need artwork. Whoever wins, gets to have his artwork printed and there will be no money prizes of any kind. (Apparently) any technique is an option.', I'm sure they'd have received dozens of fan-made or aspiring artists-made pieces way better and more suitable than what we're stuck with.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds