question-circle what if YOU rebooted VTES?

22 Jun 2012 17:54 #32390 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: what if YOU rebooted VTES?

What you say is what has more lore-wise sense.
I just think that more clans gives more choices to create different expansions and cards.

Merging tribu and antitribu does not make more sens lore wise than the opposite. Merging Nosferatu and !nosferatu can be argued very easily ; merging brujah and !brujah make me laugh. The very worse being merging tremere and !tremere :p

Cards still can have sect requirement so "!brujah" (sabbat brujah) would be unable to play camarilla brujah cards as those would have text "require a camarilla vampire". It just make sense to introduce it and is best way to do it.

If you think i am wrong prove me with an example where it would fail.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2012 18:00 #32391 by Ohlmann

Consanguineous boon.

More
22 Jun 2012 19:14 #32395 by miketheknife

What you say is what has more lore-wise sense.
I just think that more clans gives more choices to create different expansions and cards.

Merging tribu and antitribu does not make more sens lore wise than the opposite. Merging Nosferatu and !nosferatu can be argued very easily ; merging brujah and !brujah make me laugh. The very worse being merging tremere and !tremere :p

Making them the same clan doesn't mean that they "hang out" togheter, is just that even if a trem and a trem! cannot sit to talk, they don't come from different bloodlines

More
22 Jun 2012 19:14 #32396 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: what if YOU rebooted VTES?

Consanguineous boon.

Ironically, not. Now it fails, as Shango and Assamites who share their ancestor both gain pool per member if assamite is chosen, and !brujah and brujah who also share their ancestor can't gain pool at the same time. Of course it would require all cards re-word but it can with ease be done as "choose clan and sect, gain 1 pool for everyone who meet the both".

Another example where current con boon fail is situation where you have two vampires - brujah and !brujah who are both anarch. They should be treated the same as they share clan and sect but are treated in different way by game mechanic, which don't fit the lore.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
22 Jun 2012 19:51 - 22 Jun 2012 20:01 #32399 by Boris The Blade
First of all, VTES is not a clan based game. This is not L5R where you start the game by declaring which family you play for and it has an influence on your whole game. I don't care whether Carna and Selena like each other or not, they fit together just fine in my deck :P, and the rules don't penalize me for doing so.

Clans have 2 effects: they define what the most common discipline combinations are (most important) and they enable clan cards. The disciplines would stay the same no matter whether the clans are merged or not, and the existing clan cards do not justify the separation: how many Antitribu cards are merely a copy of their Camarilla counterpart?

-Chantry/Recure to the Homeland
-Ventrue Headquarters/Demonstration
-Storm Sewers/Gang Tactics
-Crappy mortal Brujah allies/Crappy mortal !Brujah allies
-Escaped Mental Patient/Muddled Vampire Hunter
-Malkav silly games/!Malkav silly games

The game would be just as good with less clans and less clan cards that duplicate each other.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2012 20:01 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal, AaronC

More
23 Jun 2012 09:23 #32415 by wastaz
I would refocus the game on what makes it cool and special. Multiplayer diplomacy. As such, masters would be replaced with some sort of system similiar to the Game of Thrones plot cards. Combat would be completely reworked into something where it is completely obvious that its not possible to win with. It would not be completely removed though.

I would buff large vampires. It makes no sense that Mistress Fanchon is as good as a random 3cap with big AUS on doing the auspex stuff. I still find that smallcap vampires are too good given the amount of extra actions they give. A 11cap should be able to make a larger impact on the board than 3 3-caps, even without freak drives and such.

The politics theme would be increased. But the titles would be augmented with some sort of "political influence" to show that even vamps without a title can be very influential in the political scene (and that some princes etc are no more than puppets).

Tribu/Antitribu would be the same clan. Sect would be a different keyword. Some cards (like con boon) would need to be changed to include both clan and sect requirements.

Bounce would be more or less removed. Its a cool idea, but it turns silly quick and is too overpowered where clans without easy access to it gets shafted. It would at the least get a huge nerf.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds