file PKC seeks to attack the V:EKN

29 Sep 2012 02:19 #38019 by brettscho
I agree, third party moderation might well be necessary (although only Johannes and PCK can really answer this), and I agree that “public moderation” has failed, as it was always sure to. I'd also argue that a dialogue like what is needed cannot happen over forum post or email. This needs to be a phone conversation. Use Skype if you must involve the internet. As a community, we have done nothing more than condemn (Rightly? Wrongly?) one side or the other. To no avail, and no effect. Yet these catastrophic failures from the past do not mean the parties involved should abandon communication. The heart of the dilemma seems to have always been a lack of proper communication (What are the duties and powers of the design team leader? What are the duties and powers of a design team member? What happens to card ideas that are born out of these efforts?). These two parties – once friends, now bitter rivals – are where they are because of failures to communicate on both sides. Reconciliation (or some approximation thereof), can only be reached by an open and honest conversation. Hell, if there is no one else, I'll be the moderator! PM me, I'll provide my contact information.

@Juggernaut – I'm sure that BOTH sides would like answers to the questions I've posed. Also, I certainly hope that VEKN would be willing to talk even now, for it's the only way this will come to a conclusion that is positive to our community, the game, and the parties involved.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2012 02:25 #38020 by atomweaver
Only three pages in to reading this thread. I think I'll take a break and go watch a few dozen hours of "Glee"... there's less drama involved.

More
29 Sep 2012 04:17 #38022 by Damnans

Throughout our numerous attempts to communicate with Johannes and the Inner Circle, the two most common results have been either no response at all or a knee-jerk reaction, sometimes in public, sometimes in private.

That's what happens when communication attempts are made in the form of ultimatums, dictation of terms and threats.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Robyn Tatu, Robert Goudie

More
29 Sep 2012 04:26 - 29 Sep 2012 04:26 #38023 by Damnans

Johannes, from April 2012 to September 2012, did the V:EKN use any of our "original ideas" without our explicit permission?

Just to clarify, as you already know, Eric, there is no such a thing as "your original ideas" with regards to this set. When did property that had NDA's and contracts signed about it on behalf of the VEKN come to be property of PCK?

I shall remind you that it was you (Eric) who put the "Confidential property of V:EKN" text on every single card for the playtest.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 29 Sep 2012 04:26 by Damnans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, Juggernaut1981, Erol, Tomas, Barontinel, self biased

More
29 Sep 2012 04:29 #38024 by Lönkka

I shall remind you that it was you (Eric) who put the "Confidential property of V:EKN" text on every single card for the playtest.

Touché!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
29 Sep 2012 06:05 #38026 by johannes

Johannes, from April 2012 to September 2012, did the V:EKN use any of our "original ideas" without our explicit permission?

Define "use". For sure we didn't publish anything and I don't think any IP is relevant until something gets published .

Define the whole set of your "original ideas". List them one by one , I am going to debate them one by one and then I can truthfully answer. For the meantime I am not falling four your trap where you want me to say No and then charge me with some cornercase instance that you have already prepared.

What I can say is that in a big token of good effort we are making a huge honest effort to avoid at all costs to use your original ideas. So come any actual publication I am quite confident that there will be none of them present. It certainly took as a long time to identify what is what. You seem to forget that you were not the only ones working from August 2011 to December 2011 on that. You readily claimed original ideas from Ben, Mike, Ira and Pascal (among others) as yours.

For everyone thinks I can just let this slide: let's put your name instead of mine on the letter. I simply don't know the relevance of it and I am pretty sure they became so obsessed with the whole issue that they are going to ride it to the end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, Robyn Tatu, D-dennis, DTA, Ohlmann

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds