file Blood Rage Misprint?

16 May 2013 15:24 #48582 by Camo1000
I've come into possession of some Jyhad edition cards and i've noticed blood rage is down as a fortitude card.

Does anyone know if this was a misprint? Or was it originally a fortitude card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 15:33 #48585 by ReverendRevolver

I've come into possession of some Jyhad edition cards and i've noticed blood rage is down as a fortitude card.

Does anyone know if this was a misprint? Or was it originally a fortitude card.

Misprint. A funny one at that. Drafting jyhad as printed is interesting for things like this.

More
16 May 2013 15:40 - 16 May 2013 15:41 #48586 by prunesquallor
The original Jyhad set had quite a few misprints like this. It was 1994, WotC was moving as fast as they could to capitalize on the success of MtG and get another game out, and lots of mistakes were made.

Blood Rage was a misprint, and was intended to be a Thaumaturgy card from the beginning. Some of them, like this one, they admitted to the mistake.

Then there is Concealed Weapon, which was pretty obviously intended to be a disciplineless card but was printed as Obfuscate, and which never received an errata until the card was reprinted with slightly different text. And I've heard the theory that Sport Bike was intended to give the maneuver while IR Goggles was intended to give the Intercept. And then there are all the issues with copied artwork, use of song quotes in flavor text that didn't have copyright, etc...
Last edit: 16 May 2013 15:41 by prunesquallor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soonerborn

More
16 May 2013 15:50 #48588 by ReverendRevolver
Not to mention the artist screw up witb camille deveruex.

The artist got 0 permission from the model to use her likeness in the jyhad version, so when vtes set was pri.ted, the vamp became the Raven, meaning camilles discilline spread and cap with new artwork. So both camille and raven were usable and different vamps.
They fixed this by making a vamp called "camille deveroux, the raven" in the tenth anniversary set with ravens artwork and obviously the same discilline spread and capacity. Then obviously errataing them into one vamp.

Also, namez have changed, notably gangrel deevolution us now gangrel ativism or something. Its too useless to care about, so i only own jyhad copies.....
Wotc continued to screw up vtes going into expansions, and the first 2 expansions are evidence of thier lack of dedicating resources to early vtes.

All of which would be forgiven if they let us be in print again, obviously :)

More
16 May 2013 18:02 #48591 by Soonerborn
Replied by Soonerborn on topic Re: Blood Rage Misprint?
Of particular annoyance to us (trying to learn the game in '94 with just a pile of cards and the original Jyhad rulebook) were the cards with the wrong background. Action card with master or combat backgrounds etc.

Blood rage gave us no pause, just figured maybe supernatural toughness (fortitude) allowed one to punch really hard...

Interesting re: sport bike and IR goggles. Never heard that before but it makes sense.

More
16 May 2013 20:56 #48595 by ReverendRevolver

Of particular annoyance to us (trying to learn the game in '94 with just a pile of cards and the original Jyhad rulebook) were the cards with the wrong background. Action card with master or combat backgrounds etc.

Blood rage gave us no pause, just figured maybe supernatural toughness (fortitude) allowed one to punch really hard...

Interesting re: sport bike and IR goggles. Never heard that before but it makes sense.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that some vamps got thier discipline spreads and text stuck on the wrong vamps?
I had heard that appalonious was supposed to have like crusher or someone elses text and skills.

Doesnt much matter now, but still interesting.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds