file What was your first starter?

17 Nov 2011 19:25 - 17 Nov 2011 19:27 #14801 by extrala
If you want to call the Jyhad starter (more like a mega-booser) a starter, then you have your answer. Very proud owner of an Ivory Bow back then, and I remember being envious of the other players having a Sengir Dagger and a Pulled Fangs.

After having played for like 7-8 years, the Nosferatu antitribu starter was the "firat" real starter I bought after my hiatus. Although I wasn't really overwhelmed by contents of the starter. I remember distinctively of contesting accidentally with my crosstable buddy (Dieter!), even though he had repeatedly named the vampires he wanted to influence. ;)
Last edit: 17 Nov 2011 19:27 by extrala.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2011 10:32 #15439 by Exposer
My first starter was Osebo )
Since then I like Laibons...

NC Belarus

More
22 Nov 2011 10:56 #15447 by derekcastor
My first starter is a jyhad starter.
Ulugh Beg, The Watcher with an Arcane Library makes me addictive.
Bloody blood magic.....:huh: :S :) :cheer: :laugh:

"self destruct mechanism
introvert overturn assasination
make from steel the ugly weapon
killers instinct from man to trigger"
Skinny Puppy : Chainsaw

More
23 Nov 2011 04:47 #15598 by Tosh
My first was two merged Sabbat War iBrujah deck, at the time I remember thinking the "the Sword of Judgment" was the most awesome card in the the world of darkness :lol:

More
23 Nov 2011 08:31 #15607 by Kraus
Camarilla Edition Toreador. :) Oh joy, those were the days... I had misplaced all my blood dolls and other good cards for half-a-year, and wondered why I never won any games. Also I was obsessed with getting Alexandra up every time I could, so you can guess the outcome - and taste my frustration. :)

Afterwards I bought a Toreador Antitribu starter from Black Hand, and played that for a longer while (since I didn't think my princes could really do anything), and always thought that G2-3 sabbat vampires have vastly superior Discipline variety to the Camarilla guys.

I still remember how badly we all lost to my mate's Tremere... :D There was 'nothing we could do about it'.

Eventually I got G1 Torries from a friend who had bought the 10th anniversary boxes, and decided to give another go with the Princes. Never strayed from that path, to be honest. And drawing an Aching Beauty from a random booster I bought (but can't remember doing that. :) I had Ritual of the Bitter Rose at that time, and remember trading that off for stuff, even though I really liked the card. Was a hard time, it seems... :D ), and that was in the very beginning, it seems, I really had a chance sometimes. People really hated Aching Beauty.

But yeah, Camarilla Toreador Starter all the way. It was wonderful.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
23 Nov 2011 12:10 #15622 by vragozakas
I begun the game in 1999-2000, with some vtes cards a friend gave me. I made 2 decks from that. A tremere toolbox with the amazing ulug and some governs-sawed off shotgun....and a malk s&b. Then came the day I played my first game, sold the tremere deck to a friend, and won a 3 players table with the malk. Incidentally I fell in love for ventrue, and the "knight" concept (bleed, if you block I play dawn operation + punch for 1, defense second trad + deflection). So had to buy the closest thing to that concept. At that time ventrue antitribu was in stores, and lazverinus was my god. This must be the why and how I bought my first starter. :laugh:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds