file Printing own cards

29 Jul 2014 14:05 #64386 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Printing own cards

It is to my understanding that such testing has been done in France for the French National Championship and its national qualifiers (not its continental qualifiers).

It's much narrower than that. A few tournaments allowed proxies. They were unsanctioned, and the winner was qualified for the French NC.
The French NC itself as well as all sanctionned tournaments didn't allow proxies.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2014 14:13 - 29 Jul 2014 14:21 #64387 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Printing own cards
Yes, since last fall, there is a new tournament format which allows proxies.

It is naturally unsanctionned because it is against VEKN tournament rules but the winner of these tournament is qualified for the national championship.

And it is a success with 11 registered tournaments.

With that PB has done a survey for attendees with some questions about proxies like "did you attend because of proxies ?" and "how many proxy did you use ?"

The entire survey and its results (in french) is here :

veknfrance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17802

(note that the national championship which is a sanctioned tournament was not allowing non-DM proxies)

EDIT : ninjaed
Last edit: 29 Jul 2014 14:21 by Timo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, D-dennis

More
29 Jul 2014 15:46 #64391 by The Flayed Man
As there hasn't been serious updates or information on anyone interested in picking up and printing VTES, and with the next PDF expansion coming in a few short months (not to mention I believe plans for one after that) I'm fine with and encourage printing of cards.

Vtes has never had a big 'collectable' market that other games have. Mostly because it never wanted powerful rares to unbalance the game. So I can't image printing cards ruining some individuals or business economically. Even with printing cards, if I had money to burn on a rare I didn't have, I would buy it just to own one original.

Also some player's cards have to be like 20+ years old, at what point will these cards deteriorate to where they can't be used anyway.

More
29 Jul 2014 16:40 #64394 by ReverendRevolver
Still better if we could get PoD agreed to and rolled out than go all shitty printed decks.

To new players, those give the game a crappy appearance.

I hear "pirated" cards and assume the OP means fabricated prints not unlike what official PoD would be.

I dont think we need to start some PO box printing company in some obscure country quite yet, but im against paper prints. Im still depressed the new set wont be real cards, as no PoD exists yet.

If WotC would be our friends, everything in life would be easier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
30 Jul 2014 06:40 #64422 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Printing own cards

I’m in the 20% minority especially after the news from Board Game Geek.

So what are the news from Boardgame Geek?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
31 Jul 2014 07:27 #64495 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Printing own cards

It is also to my understanding that negotiations among OneBookshelf.com, White Wolf, and Hasbro are ongoing, but haven't had an update in about a year (apart from the sudden news that Fantasy Flight Games was in and then out of negotiations).

While such negotiations might not alwyas be succesful, hope shouldn't be abandoned.

Recent news seems to indictae that Dragonball Z CCG just became resurrected (are there any other expamples of resurrected CCGs besides VTES and it?):

retrodbzccgcom.fatcow.com/2014/07/24/the-dragon-ball-z-ccg-is-back/

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds