file The Full Bleed project - back on my bullshit [03.20]

07 Oct 2014 10:00 #66138 by jozxyqk
Right... the point with library cards would be only to do it with cards that "everybody" knows the text of, that go in "every" deck, and that are common enough not to shake up the metagame.

Blood Doll and Wake were the obvious examples. I'm sure there's a longer (but still relatively short) list of cards that this idea would work for.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2014 10:17 #66140 by Ashur

Try this with library cards, too.
There are certain super-common cards (Blood Doll, Wake, etc) that could work as promos with simply a card title, full-sized artwork, and no card text.

This is a bad idea if you want to attract new players to a game. VERY bad.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: HG.fi

More
07 Oct 2014 11:03 - 07 Oct 2014 11:13 #66145 by HG.fi

Right... the point with library cards would be only to do it with cards that "everybody" knows the text of, that go in "every" deck, and that are common enough not to shake up the metagame.

Blood Doll and Wake were the obvious examples. I'm sure there's a longer (but still relatively short) list of cards that this idea would work for.

Even with common cards such as Blood Doll, there are times when you want to check things out - like "was it during the untap or the master phase?"

And, of course, those cards would be horribly, horribly rude to newbies.

Your idea needs to be diablerized, pillowfaced, burned and removed from game. Sorry.

EDIT: And to clarify:

I think the worst thing about VTES is that it's a very complex game that's confusing to newbies. Anything that makes it worse is a Bad Idea.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 11:13 by HG.fi.

More
07 Oct 2014 12:17 #66150 by self biased

Not a fan of old mixed with new. Fullsize art is ok, but use current backgrounds. Also, not a fan of blurry left bar. Otherwise neat.

if I had the current backgrounds it would be totally doable, but I don't. I'm working with a bunch of 800x600 wallpapers i found yonks ago on the now defunct warghoul.net. they're on the blurry side to begin with and blowing them up to 300 dpi exacerbates the problem. I still wanted to use the clan background somehow and this had the added benefit of getting rid of the green bar, but still keeping the element.

Looks like the font for the card names could use a thicker black border. It would help a lot with legibility for artwork with lighter backgrounds.

heh. i actually used an older version of Ankha's VCM to get the discipline placement and text done right. I wholeheartedly agree with you, though. I'd even be in favor of putting a black border around the Capacity number too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rémi

More
07 Oct 2014 13:26 - 07 Oct 2014 13:29 #66159 by Rémi
Hello,

Not to start any debate... just to say to the full bleed producer: "Please continue!"

Even with common cards such as Blood Doll, there are times when you want to check things out - like "was it during the untap or the master phase?"

And, of course, those cards would be horribly, horribly rude to newbies.

Like every games, to use this kind of promo cards, you have to bring a regular copy of the card so that every player can check any parts of the regular card.

Your idea needs to be diablerized, pillowfaced, burned and removed from game. Sorry.

EDIT: And to clarify:

I think the worst thing about VTES is that it's a very complex game that's confusing to newbies. Anything that makes it worse is a Bad Idea.

Many players say the VTES card look really bad, many people like full bleed cards since they are a bit different. This full bleed cards could even motivate some old school players to get back to play.

Best Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 07 Oct 2014 13:29 by Rémi.

More
07 Oct 2014 14:02 #66161 by Lönkka
WOW-BEYOND AWESOME!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds