file The Full Bleed project - back on my bullshit [03.20]

10 Oct 2014 12:43 #66351 by self biased
this set has rounded corners, a white text box at 70% opacity, and a dramatically reduced in size set icon (which can always grow smaller). I've truncated the number of vampires i'm using as the whole process is somewhat time consuming even with using the card maker and taking snapshots of the resulting pdf.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2014 13:23 #66354 by Wand
actually you should put the right expansion symbols on the right vampires. I don't know if this is just a test thing, but you used unaligned symbol on Danse macabre cards.

Archbishop of Vitória

More
10 Oct 2014 13:36 #66356 by BenPeal

actually you should put the right expansion symbols on the right vampires. I don't know if this is just a test thing, but you used unaligned symbol on Danse macabre cards.

It's just a test of the layout. If we do adopt it, then we can worry about the accuracy of the data on the cards. ;)

More
10 Oct 2014 14:08 #66357 by self biased

I use a separate program to fill in all of the relevant details like Name, expansion symbol, Disciplines, text in the text box, and capacity. There are some limitations to the program that i have to work around. Truth be told i could have put in the appropriate symbol for Danse Macabre, but in a fit of laziness i decided against it. normally, the shell has a transparent spot for pictures to go in, but i'm basically generating the entire thing in photoshop, and using the program to fill in the text.

round two is coming up very shortly.

More
10 Oct 2014 14:29 - 10 Oct 2014 14:32 #66358 by Lech

I feel that the clan symbol should probably stay within the confines of the discipline bar. with the sabbat clans, the wax drip hangs off the bar, which if you look closely several of the Sabbat cards i've done the icon isn't very centered. I was trying to get the actual symbols to be approximately the same size. It's also struck me as odd that only the Sabbat Clans have the wax drip as it creates an inconsistency in the overall design and feel of the card. ideally it should probably be all or nothing. then again, I'd also be in favor of eliminating all of the antitribu clans and doing a mass errata replacing them with the original clan. i assume that i'm very much in the minority with that particular opinion. [/i]

I'm also in this minority.
@Timo: default sect for brujah is camarilla, even after merge of sects.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2014 14:32 by Lech.

More
10 Oct 2014 14:34 #66359 by self biased
this set again features the translucent text box and rounded corners of the previous set. Clan icons have been slightly enlarged, and there is no wax drop. due to being enlarged some icons have parts that hang off both sides of the bar, resulting in some clipping. it looked profoundly worse to have the icon off center (with the exception of the goofy assamite icon which has never known its place) than it did to have some clipping occur. I can't really make them much bigger without pushing the icons off-center. The fade gradient at the top of the bar was more consistently applied between all of the bars. Also, these cards are very slightly smaller to keep certain scaling artifacts from appearing (turns out my pdf viewer's default setting for fullscreen is a very arbitrary 204%).

The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds