file VTES Utilities & The Unaligned

15 Oct 2014 10:34 #66632 by Ankha
Ok,
The csv files have been corrected. There are now two versions:

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv.zip contains the csv in the ANSI encoding, so that ARDB will work. ARDB should be updated though, since ANSI can't encode some characters (such as 'č' as in Zahradníček). I don't know who's maintaining ARDB, but this has to be changed!

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv_utf8.zip contains the CSV files in UTF-8 encoding.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2014 10:44 - 15 Oct 2014 10:50 #66633 by Drugo

Ok,
The csv files have been corrected. There are now two versions:

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv.zip contains the csv in the ANSI encoding, so that ARDB will work. ARDB should be updated though, since ANSI can't encode some characters (such as 'č' as in Zahradníček). I don't know who's maintaining ARDB, but this has to be changed!

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv_utf8.zip contains the CSV files in UTF-8 encoding.

the first file lacks the Unaligned cards, the second is ok but has the characters problem. :)

sadly, I need the first file with the Unaligned cards (otherwise, ARDB don't recognize all vampires with strange characters like Zoe in all my decks) :(
Last edit: 15 Oct 2014 10:50 by Drugo.

More
15 Oct 2014 10:55 #66634 by Jussi

Set <=> Artist isn't something we have

That's ok, then a list of set+rarity is sufficient enough (I'll update example file).

Can you include an example of an imbued card?

Yes, but not right away (I need to go fetch a kid from nanny)

does it have to be 0 for inf and 1 for sup, or could it be 1 for inf and 2 for sup? (and 0 for "doesn't have")

0 for none, 1 for inf and 2 for sup is ok.

should the same file contain both crypt and library cards?

I would prefer two separate files, until I know for sure how large they are going to be.

Of example file: There may be a syntax error in property naming (did json require double quotes in property names?). I need to check that when I'm able.

And Thanks man! I appreciate your effort!

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
15 Oct 2014 11:20 #66635 by jozxyqk
Gramle's "loader" sucks the CSV files into a mongodb database.
Jussi if you want a "dump" of this to JSON, I could give it to you (although it doesn't exactly follow your format; I'll explain on IRC).

The long-term plan for Gramle, once upon a time, was to expose a public JSON/Mongo API for querying searches rather than just my little-used IRC bot.
I don't know if that's ever going to happen in reality, though.
(And there are still some types of queries that have always been buggy and I never got around to fixing)

More
15 Oct 2014 11:38 - 15 Oct 2014 11:44 #66636 by Ankha
Ok, this should be the last technical update.

The "old standard" csv files archive is here: www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv.zip

PLEASE DO NOT USE IT ANYMORE! It's only here for backward compatibility purpose (eg. so that ARDB can still work) but you should use instead:

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv_utf8.zip

This archive contains the csv files encoded in UTF-8 (without BOM) with UNIX-style EOL, double quotes (") as delimiters and comma (,) as separator.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Oct 2014 11:44 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
15 Oct 2014 11:45 #66637 by jozxyqk
I had passed this note to Pascal over email but it looks like it didn't make it to you before the "last technical update" version at 8:38: Imanna is still missing her "1 vote" title from the title column (just after the rarity column).

I've also been compiling some "templating" questions, most of which I've already gotten answers to.
The latest is:
In older expansions, the text of Advanced vampires would start with the word "Advanced, " followed by the text.
In The Unaligned, this leading word "Advanced, " is missing. Is that deliberate?
It does affect the way my IRC bot displays information about Advanced vampires. If the word is officially absent (as it seems to be in the PDF versions of the vamps) then I will have to update my bot to display the word in another way.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds