file VTES Utilities & The Unaligned

15 Oct 2014 11:51 #66638 by Ankha

I had passed this note to Pascal over email but it looks like it didn't make it to you before the "last technical update" version at 8:38: Imanna is still missing her "1 vote" title from the title column (just after the rarity column).

Yes, but this is not technical :) File contents will probably be updated from time to time.

I've also been compiling some "templating" questions, most of which I've already gotten answers to.
The latest is:
In older expansions, the text of Advanced vampires would start with the word "Advanced, " followed by the text.
In The Unaligned, this leading word "Advanced, " is missing. Is that deliberate?
It does affect the way my IRC bot displays information about Advanced vampires. If the word is officially absent (as it seems to be in the PDF versions of the vamps) then I will have to update my bot to display the word in another way.

Yes, it is deliberate. You should rely on the value in the "Adv" column (either empty for base version, or containing "Advanced" for advanced version).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2014 04:45 #66656 by Jussi

Gramle's "loader" sucks the CSV files into a mongodb database.
Jussi if you want a "dump" of this to JSON, I could give it to you (although it doesn't exactly follow your format; I'll explain on IRC).

Thanks for the offer! I'm not sure if I want to use BSON, but you can post me the dump anyway so I can inspect it. I'll PM my email.

I'm not currently using IRC, but if my hobby project is ever going to happen I'm sure that I'll begin to hang around there.

The long-term plan for Gramle, once upon a time, was to expose a public JSON/Mongo API for querying searches rather than just my little-used IRC bot.
I don't know if that's ever going to happen in reality, though.
(And there are still some types of queries that have always been buggy and I never got around to fixing)

This sounds interesting. Since I have a plan to write a little deck design application using Qt5, I would be interested in having a good place to download latest card texts for local data storage.

The plan, as it goes, is nothing but a plan. Currently I'm researching possibilities to acquire card data.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
16 Oct 2014 04:53 #66657 by Jussi

Ok, this should be the last technical update.

The "old standard" csv files archive is here: www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv.zip

PLEASE DO NOT USE IT ANYMORE! It's only here for backward compatibility purpose (eg. so that ARDB can still work) but you should use instead:

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv_utf8.zip

This archive contains the csv files encoded in UTF-8 (without BOM) with UNIX-style EOL, double quotes (") as delimiters and comma (,) as separator.

Hey, this new csv has much better formalization as the old one!

Thank you for that!

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
16 Oct 2014 06:43 #66659 by Drugo

The "old standard" csv files archive is here: www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/vtescsv.zip

PLEASE DO NOT USE IT ANYMORE! It's only here for backward compatibility purpose (eg. so that ARDB can still work) but you should use instead:

This archive contains the csv files encoded in UTF-8 (without BOM) with UNIX-style EOL, double quotes (") as delimiters and comma (,) as separator.

Hey, this new csv has much better formalization as the old one!

Thank you for that!

still, no Unaligned cards in the "old standard" csv file... :(

More
16 Oct 2014 06:52 #66660 by Juggernaut1981

So, for the less-than-computer-geeky amongst us...
ARDB is 'old school' and shouldn't use the UTF8 file? Or ARDB is UTF8 functional and it should be all good?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Oct 2014 07:12 - 16 Oct 2014 07:13 #66661 by Ankha

color=#00ffff]still, no Unaligned cards in the "old standard" csv file...[/color] :(

You're wrong, they are present in the link provided (I checked again at this moment.)

So, for the less-than-computer-geeky amongst us...
ARDB is 'old school' and shouldn't use the UTF8 file? Or ARDB is UTF8 functional and it should be all good?

ARDB (and all other softwares/websites relying on the csv file) should evolve to support the UTF-8 files, which is not currently the case.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Oct 2014 07:13 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds