file more than 5 players

21 Jan 2015 02:11 #68751 by mirddes
more than 5 players was created by mirddes
how fun is playign with a table of 10?

im wanting to play 8 player

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2015 05:38 #68752 by Whisker
Replied by Whisker on topic Re: more than 5 players
Not fun! You spend half of the game waiting, not able to interact with rest of the table while your grand grand prey and predator do stuff. Also effects that rely on number of players (e.g. parity shift) become insanely powerful.

More
21 Jan 2015 08:03 #68753 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: more than 5 players

im wanting to play 8 player

play two 4 people tables instead. From my experiences 6 people is maximum that is playable and you should limit power of cards like parity shift, conservative agitation, etc. I've played few times for 7 people and it was absolutely terrible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, self biased

More
21 Jan 2015 08:17 #68754 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: more than 5 players

From my experiences 6 people is maximum that is playable and you should limit power of cards like parity shift, conservative agitation, etc. I've played few times for 7 people and it was absolutely terrible.

I'll second that, having been involved in a couple of 7 players games in my time.

The more players involved, the more sensitive the game is to the pace people play at. If everyone knows the game and their decks well, and is focussed on keeping the game moving, it's barely managable, but a single slow player, or someone playing a borrowed deck and thus needing to spend more time considering options seriously impacts the flow of the game and just makes everything drag out. And any sort of wall deck on a large table (which gets more likely with more players) ends up being a horrible idea.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
21 Jan 2015 10:51 - 21 Jan 2015 11:28 #68756 by jamesatzephyr

Not fun! You spend half of the game waiting, not able to interact with rest of the table while your grand grand prey and predator do stuff. Also effects that rely on number of players (e.g. parity shift) become insanely powerful.

There are also insanely annoying logistical concerns, such as not being able to see your cards, not being able to tell whether it's Arika or Queen Anne who has three blood on her etc. When many cards are often played underneath another card (e.g. it's relatively common to place a Blood Doll under the vampire it's 'on', similarly Conviction or discipline cards), that can be hard to spot from the other end of an 8 player table. And that makes contesting popular cards massively more annoying because you can't necessarily see what's been played with a quick glance around the table.
Last edit: 21 Jan 2015 11:28 by jamesatzephyr.

More
21 Jan 2015 11:15 - 21 Jan 2015 11:19 #68758 by Pascal Bertrand
Cons of having a 10-player table:
- You can't see what's going on on the other side of the table
- Every single KRC is debated for ages (and by that I mean at least 10 mins each)
- You'll reach the turn 5 as the game times out
- Some cards have an effect based on the number of players (Parity Shift, Conservative Agitation) that will need to be handled before the game begins (set maximum pool lost to 5)
- If your predator is playing weenie DEM, you get to play 1 hour and watch 3 hours of game

EDIT: Let's say an average player's turn lasts 3 mins (yes, some are shorter, some are longer, but it's an OK value). In a 5-player game, that means you get 12 minutes between two turns.
I've seen people lose focus during these 12 minutes.
Imagine what happens if you turn that 12 minutes of non-acting (which is usually 9 minutes of "not interacting because you're not my predator bleeding me") into 27 minutes (24 minutes of not watching the game).
Last edit: 21 Jan 2015 11:19 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds