file more than 5 players

22 Jan 2015 01:44 #68778 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Re: more than 5 players

how fun is playign with a table of 10?

im wanting to play 8 player

Try having 2 players going at the same time. For example, Turn 1, player 1 and player 5 take their turn. Turn 2, player 2 and 6 take their turn. And so forth.

Have never tried this so I have no idea how not fun or insane this idea is.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2015 09:18 #68781 by Pascal Bertrand
As long as there is no interaction, having two players play simultaneously could be doable.

Just avoid decks with
- votes
- titles
- deflections
- eagle sights
- sudden reversals / di / ...

And make sure a player doesn't start their turn if the other player's turn isn't over.

More
22 Jan 2015 09:24 #68782 by Juggernaut1981
We once played a 7-player game, a long time ago at Blacktown. It started at about 10pm and finished with one player standing at around 3:30am.

I can't recommend a game with more than 6...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
22 Jan 2015 13:01 #68783 by david.tatu
Replied by david.tatu on topic Re: more than 5 players
I had a variant idea once for 6 players: During player A turn, -player D ceased to exist. That cross-table player was not in the game. Then during player b turn, player E disappeared. Once someone was ousted, you played a normal 5 player game.
Just a thought.

David Tatu
V:EKN Scribe

More
22 Jan 2015 13:30 #68784 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: more than 5 players
It resolves some issues but not the main issue being the time beetween each turn.

I guess it is reduced due to not having the possibility to beg yet another player to burn the vote in favor/against but between each of your turn, this player will still have to play his own turn.

It reminds me of a variant proposed on the french forum for a game for 13 players (yeah I know ...). Each player played one antediluvian and one rule what that during your urn, you have to play in silence of death.

More
22 Jan 2015 22:06 #68789 by jamesatzephyr

I had a variant idea once for 6 players: During player A turn, -player D ceased to exist. That cross-table player was not in the game. Then during player b turn, player E disappeared. Once someone was ousted, you played a normal 5 player game.
Just a thought.

Not sure how that helps things. There is one less player to intervene during A's turn, but player D still needs to be aware of player A and what that player can do - because player D and player A can 'see' each other during everyone else's turns except their own.

And then there are a whole bunch of wrinkles that appear to be relatively unpleasant. For example:

- players A and D play Dreams of the Sphinx, which moves in and out of being contested as you move round the table, for bonus annoyance.

- player A bleeds B. B bounces to C. C wants to bounce to D, but apparently can't, and bouncing to E would help D. V:TES has always suffered from random table seating making games a bit of a luckfest at times, this seems to exacerbate that.

- if a card talks about 'prey' or 'predator' (example: Reins of Power) and I am player E, who is my predator? C isn't my predator. And why does C not get to hurt D?
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds