file Online play by mail alternative

17 Jun 2015 03:22 #71762 by brandonsantacruz
I played JOL for a while, but find Lackey to be more entertaining when I have the time. If I log on to play I may not get a game some of the time, which is OK. Some people coordinate on the facebook page and ask for players to log on.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2015 02:43 #72233 by Blooded Sand
Shameless bump due to original post being updated with notes so far

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
09 Sep 2015 07:43 #72989 by Blooded Sand
All those who have started various replacements for jol, please chime in here. Am now actively developing a new version of jol.
Current Aims:
Responsive
Remove the chat length restriction
Make games that you are ousted in be shown as inactive for you
Ability to have non standard characters
Anti-bot account creation

Potential Aims:
Card images with tooltip popups for card text or vice versa

Would like to collaborate on existing designs and resources, no point in redesigning the wheel

More
09 Sep 2015 20:09 #72994 by Juggernaut1981
If you are looking for feedback on what sort of things might be good for such a game/interface

Click-Based Actions/Cardplay
Click action card in hand, click minion in play, choose superior or inferior... game responds by tapping minion and doing the basic declaration. "Midget bleeds with Kindred Spirits"
Similar for cards in play with actions built in, such as PB:Montreal.

Waiting Room Option
When you login you can 'flag' yourself as being interested in a game. That flag stays in place even when you are offline, so people can invite you to games when you are offline. When you are added to a game, the flag is reset. You don't need the flag 'up' to get invited to a game. When players setup games, there would be a list of active players and players looking for games plus maybe a search option for those who are offline.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blooded Sand

More
10 Sep 2015 02:01 #72997 by David_Mac
I'd be happy to chip in ~$15 US a month for a JoL alternative if it were up and running, for at least the first few months. Interested which platform you'd use to go about building it- background in IT development here and hopefully might be able to help out a little.

One suggestion if you're fishing- auto 'No Sudden'- maybe something hidden a player could toggle. Spent half of my time playing JoL waiting for people to confirm No Sudden on most every stinking Master I played- very tedious process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
10 Sep 2015 03:09 #72998 by Blooded Sand

If you are looking for feedback on what sort of things might be good for such a game/interface

Click-Based Actions/Cardplay
Click action card in hand, click minion in play, choose superior or inferior... game responds by tapping minion and doing the basic declaration.

This is doable, and is something i have wanted to do all along. It is fairly simple as it looks for the ACTION card key. However for cards in play that allows actions it is somewhat more complex as those cards would have to be individually tagged as being "ACTION" cards once in play. Doable, but less so.

Waiting Room Option
When you login you can 'flag' yourself as being interested in a game. That flag stays in place even when you are offline, so people can invite you to games when you are offline. When you are added to a game, the flag is reset. You don't need the flag 'up' to get invited to a game. When players setup games, there would be a list of active players and players looking for games plus maybe a search option for those who are offline.

Excellent suggestion, goes into the to post edit

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds