file TWDA Clan Breakdown

26 Jul 2015 19:55 #72231 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Re: TWDA Clan Breakdown
I disagree with the assertion that it's not a Trujah deck. Most Trujah decks will revolve around a single vampire (Shalmath, Krassimir, Al-Muntathir etc) due to their special abilities and the scarce penalty. Seems odd omitting them as a clan entry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2015 02:23 #72232 by brettscho
Replied by brettscho on topic Re: TWDA Clan Breakdown

I disagree with the assertion that it's not a Trujah deck. Most Trujah decks will revolve around a single vampire (Shalmath, Krassimir, Al-Muntathir etc) due to their special abilities and the scarce penalty. Seems odd omitting them as a clan entry.

Really, the main reason that I have for not dropping the 2+ different vampire of the same clan requirement is that dropping it wouldn't really help the scarce clans. There are only a few decks that feature a superstar vampire in large numbers. Tupdogs, Anarch Converts, and Cybele (with Etrius' gem) are the only that spring to mind. Most normal "star vampire" decks have 5-ish copies of their star vampire. So what is really stopping Trujah star decks from being considered Trujah clan decks (with my definition) is not that they run only 1 Trujah, but that only 5/12 of their Crypt cards are Trujah. If the 2+ different vampire requirement was waved, no scarce clan would actually gain any entries (at least, not with the decks I've categorized thus far). Dropping the requirement would simply add a bunch of Gargoyle and Baali decks to the list (Tupdogs win a couple of times every year, and Etrius's Gem Cybele seems moderately popular). And frankly, I don't see that as a good thing.

*shrug* Maybe I'll run into a bunch of non-tupdog, non-Cybele star vampire decks with 7+/12 crypt cards being the star vampire and that will force me to re-evaluate my definition. As for the scarce clans - yeah, they might not be doing awesome, but Salubri and True Brujah both have entries since 2013!

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
27 Jul 2015 02:52 #72234 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: TWDA Clan Breakdown
I get the sense that Lasombra Jeff's rules were pretty well established as the rules to judge clanniness. It's your project, of course, so feel free to use whatever criteria you like, but I suspect you'll run into at least a bit of resistance to convincing people to see your criteria as superior. The TWDA's clan criteria were kind of an institution...

More
27 Jul 2015 03:29 #72235 by brettscho
Replied by brettscho on topic Re: TWDA Clan Breakdown

I get the sense that Lasombra Jeff's rules were pretty well established as the rules to judge clanniness. It's your project, of course, so feel free to use whatever criteria you like, but I suspect you'll run into at least a bit of resistance to convincing people to see your criteria as superior. The TWDA's clan criteria were kind of an institution...

An institution that died when Lasombra Jeff stopped hosting TWDA, which was... what? 2+ years ago? I mean no disrespect or offense, but it seems that nobody has been willing to step into Jeff's massive shoes and carry on his traditions. So at the moment, the options appear to be to continue to have no collection of clan decks, or to go with mine which features a slightly different (and I think more logical for the many reasons listed in previous posts) definition of what constitutes a clan deck. I'm a little shocked at the insinuation that the community would rather go without than slightly tweak a definition. Of course, if somebody else wants to take up this torch and carry on Lasombra Jeff's work with his definitions, then I'm more than happy to fade into the background.

I must confess myself a bit amused / disappointed that the only thing that people want to discuss is what constitutes a clan deck, and not what the data show. Perhaps that's just an indication that the community has little / no need to organize TWDA by clan, or to track world-wide attendance, or to see how many winning decks utilize which crypts. But I find such an idea to be a little surprising.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

More
27 Jul 2015 16:57 #72275 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: TWDA Clan Breakdown
Thanks for your work, it's nice to see it. I appreciate it, probably some other not so vocal people around there appreciate it too.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
27 Jul 2015 19:31 #72276 by ReverendRevolver
I appreciate the time dedicated to this. Im also quite fond of showing grouping concentrations (you know, so I can easily prove G2 Samedi are superior and such).

However you feel is appropriate to decide clan is your call, and I like a system that doesnt show gargolyes winning 200 times, when 197 of those are tupdogs. Also, storyline legal decks may not technically fall into this system, which I find interesting. Many great decks simply arent mono-clan oriented, and theres no reason to pretend otherwise.

Looks cool so far.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds