file Vampire reboot more likely than new sets?

11 Nov 2015 09:31 #74225 by cordovader

I will probably not play a rebooted V:TES CCG, 100% sure I'm not playing an LCG.

so, you're saying that the only way you'd continue to play is if the game were distributed in the manner it always has?

you do realize that without the relentless set rotation that Magic has, V:tes is effectively an LCG, right? Vtes was originally envisioned as a Card Game that thought it was a board game
[citation needed]. Think about how much more fun it would be to not have to worry about buying shitloads of cards, most of them wallpaper, to get decent stuff! the alternating Camarilla/Independent/Sabbat/Bloodlines distribution cycle is mind-blowingly cumbersome and awful. I think the game would be better without it.

Well, opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

It's the same as the fact that I never wanted to play nWoD after reading a bit Vampire: The Requiem.

I don't want to play Pokemon: the Eternal Struggle, i like to play V:TES.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gandalf78, self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2015 12:27 #74228 by self biased
I'm confused here. Are you saying that you would refuse to play exactly the same game with the same rules and cards, just because it's been packaged and distributed as an LCG? Are you saying that you enjoy spending moderate to large sums of money chasing down rare and adding large quantities wallpaper cards to the your collection?

More
11 Nov 2015 14:07 #74230 by ReverendRevolver

I will probably not play a rebooted V:TES CCG, 100% sure I'm not playing an LCG.

so, you're saying that the only way you'd continue to play is if the game were distributed in the manner it always has?

you do realize that without the relentless set rotation that Magic has, V:tes is effectively an LCG, right? Vtes was originally envisioned as a Card Game that thought it was a board game
[citation needed]. Think about how much more fun it would be to not have to worry about buying shitloads of cards, most of them wallpaper, to get decent stuff! the alternating Camarilla/Independent/Sabbat/Bloodlines distribution cycle is mind-blowingly cumbersome and awful. I think the game would be better without it.

Well, opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

It's the same as the fact that I never wanted to play nWoD after reading a bit Vampire: The Requiem.

I don't want to play Pokemon: the Eternal Struggle, i like to play V:TES.

If vtes were relaunched as set of reprinted cards , then new sets came out as starters only, containing the same whole new set, it wouldn't hurt us. It would help immensely, and they could call it a lcg, CCG, tcg, or granny gurts donkey show, and who cares. Its back in print.

"Pokemon the eternal struggle" reminds me of magi nation duel, which reminded me of pokemon- age target audience playing psuedo vtes in an MTG setting. It lasted a few sets. Pokemon is the best selling tcg globally and is mechanically and blanace/meta wise terrible. Better than when 10 year old me opened my first packs in 1998, but still not great.
We are sell able. Being back in print needs to happen before squabbling about what its to be called.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased, brettscho, cordovader

More
12 Nov 2015 05:48 #74235 by Cerion
For me it's rather hard to call a game dead, when it has annual European Championships and still gets 100+ participatns each year all over the Europe and some even from America, at times.

Then there are now arranged annual weekend in budapest, that also gathers 50sh people, or did last year and I think it will next year as well.

In Finland we still get about 50sh player to our ECQ, granted we used to get 90+, but 50 is still plenty.

Another thing to say it's not dead and has lots of potential is VEKN, already two sets have been made and third is on way, do that sound a dead game?

Yeah, I know it's a bit off the topic, but just to say my opinion, a new reboot, would have to be something extraordinary to sell among old player base, who loves VTES and have played it 10-20 years.

To be honest it would be shame to end.

Baron of Vantaa
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, brettscho, cordovader

More
12 Nov 2015 10:05 #74236 by elotar

Here is a reasonably complete draft of a set of game rules.

Don't quite get it - it's VtES with renamed terms?

I got my own version of a "better vtes" - remove annoying crap (imbueds, events, some cards which should not be named e t.s), make set of 4-6 starters, playable and ballanced "from the box" against each other as well as containing "chase rares" and do something to stop pointless table-talk (like, for example, a rule, that the player, whose turn it is now, can't partisipate in discussions of a deals).

"Deepnes" of the game is one of the most important VtES properties, any reboot will destroy not only old mistakes, but also all good, accumulated in 20 years.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
12 Nov 2015 10:27 #74237 by Juggernaut1981
Elotar,
I guess you didn't read it carefully then.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds