file How I would relaunch V:TES (card reprint)

06 Mar 2016 02:19 #75811 by elotar
Generally I`m against big changes in card pool, but for the sake of...

majesty must be left out - untap effect got nothing to do in presence.

Summoning too - tutors are bad (slow).

Dominate and presence bleed must be differentiated - for example actions only in pre and modifiers only in dom.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2016 13:04 #75881 by Lönkka

If the possible new release model included Print on Demand, having access to old cards would become irrelevant.

The problem I have with "print on demand" is, that it's only good for old players or players introduced to the game. We'd miss all the possible new players that pick up a starter in a store to see what it is... New players introduced to the game might even find it too much of an effort to go online and order "print on demand" cards.

But VEKN (with OneBookshelf AFAIK) DID have the idea of also publishing a set of five starters in addition to going PoD...

Technically you're very true, but biggest problem with it is the fact that it has been very rare for game stores to stock VTES. At least when I've discussed in retailer forums often (=so very close to always) especially US retailers say that they do not carry the game. Basically due to the online discounters (mainly Potomac).

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 Aug 2016 12:13 #77801 by Oortje
I like the way your thinken Ankara.

- Govern the Unaligned (shadows completely Scouting Mission and Enchant Kindred)

I agree, although I like Vtes to be a rewarding game for active players instead of reactive players.
It can be fixed instead of banning it. Change the superior version from 3 to blood on an uncotrolled vampire. On second hand a ban would be good too. We are talking ofcourse about a reboot of the game. And in a reboot of the game you can push back the powerlevel to a lower standard, which makes lower standerd cards better.

Have a cold long night,
Jeroen van Oort
Dutch National Coördinator

More
06 Aug 2016 19:27 #77818 by Lönkka
Govern might trump Scouting and Enchant, but with two Freak Drives, say, Arika could use all three of them at superior on the same turn which mean very cheap vampire coming up...

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
07 Aug 2016 09:33 #77823 by GreyB

Govern might trump Scouting and Enchant, but with two Freak Drives, say, Arika could use all three of them at superior on the same turn which mean very cheap vampire coming up...

Swap Enchant Kindred for Thing (no presence)

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
07 Aug 2016 18:50 #77829 by Lönkka

Swap Enchant Kindred for Thing (no presence)

Huh?
You mean for ones that do not have Superior Presence (like Arika, whom I gave as example, does)?

But yeah, Thing would work for, say, Stanislava,

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds