lightbulb Library card redesign

22 Dec 2016 16:48 #79681 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Library card redesign
The cards look great. Will be using them at our next game.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2017 18:25 #79896 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Library card redesign
Why hide the hearth have no inf val symbol in card text(and other cards too).?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
02 Jan 2017 09:31 #79907 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Library card redesign

Again, I appreciate the hard work. But the original layouts do a much better job of making V:TES look like a card game built off of somber V:TM source material. The old layouts weren't broken, and I'm not sure why they need to be fixed.

I agree with this.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
03 Jan 2017 00:39 #79925 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Library card redesign
You agree that a fix isnt needed? I too agree. As for the redesign, its just for fun and not trying to fix anything. Play with what you like.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
03 Jan 2017 01:12 - 03 Jan 2017 01:14 #79927 by TwoRazorReign
Replied by TwoRazorReign on topic Library card redesign

You agree that a fix isnt needed? I too agree. As for the redesign, its just for fun and not trying to fix anything. Play with what you like.

I get that people don't have to use the new layouts if they don't want. However, according to the very first post in this thread, the new layouts were intend to fix something, namely to clarify the cards and make them as clear as possible. With this intention in mind, I offer the following reactions:

(1) If the idea is to clarify things, we should start with the rulebook and detailed play summary, then move onto card text and rulings, and then we can worry about the layout on the cards. Starting with clarifying card layouts is putting the cart well in front of the horse.

(2) As I stated previously, the new layouts don't incorporate the look and feel of the source material as well as the old layouts. Any benefits gained by clarifying the cards are mitigated by the loss of this look and feel in my opinion.

Again, I appreciate all the hard work put into the new layouts, and good for those who like the layouts. But the old layouts are just plain better.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2017 01:14 by TwoRazorReign.

More
15 Jan 2017 19:41 #80194 by talonz
Replied by talonz on topic Library card redesign
Not a fan, sorry. Its good design but it moves the game far too much from vtes thematically.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds