lightbulb Crypt card redesign

10 Aug 2016 09:32 #77876 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign
Revised and most likely final version of the sidebars:

Mainly adjusted levels / brightness / contrast and increased definition on the textures. Quite a few have been modified to add distinction; however some that were deliberately drab (ie Nosferatu) are still drab — albeit with a bit more detail.

Imbued only get the one; however they will have different clan icons.

Themes are predominately drawn from early releases of the game; later releases tend to blur together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, Jussi, Ankha, self biased, brettscho

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2016 15:02 #77881 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Crypt card redesign

Revised and most likely final version of the sidebars:
Mainly adjusted levels / brightness / contrast and increased definition on the textures. Quite a few have been modified to add distinction; however some that were deliberately drab (ie Nosferatu) are still drab — albeit with a bit more detail.

Excellent work. Have you tried to convert them to CMYK and print them to see if they're ok once printed?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 Aug 2016 17:01 #77882 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Crypt card redesign
Overall few issues:

You want to be consistent in library and crypt cards. That is fine. But your white box isn't very suitable for library cards as it isn't clear which box is what type (combat/reaction/action/etc ...), so it isn't very good idea in crypt too.

You base a lot of the sidebar designs upon old design instead of the new ones. It's not really bad, but some aren't looking good for example tremere with those random pseudo-occult letters or ventrue with that blue/gold things (but it's distinctive, and that is good).

It's hard to figure out from the other side of the board if you are up against ahrimane/gargoyle/nosf anti/giovanni.

+1 intercept isn't in black box. It really should be. Perhaps even +hand size too.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
10 Aug 2016 21:12 #77883 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign

Excellent work. Have you tried to convert them to CMYK and print them to see if they're ok once printed?

I plan on doing a high quality print run today at a print shop when I pick up some replacement ink for the crappy home printer (which I'll also test). Will use the end product PDFs generated by the collate routine with various degrees of artwork quality (ie. low res scans vs high res VEKN). So this should give a clear idea of the variances involved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
11 Aug 2016 06:05 #77884 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Crypt card redesign
Thank you for all the hard work for all who have been involved in layout redesign. I was awestruck with the original work back in the black layout days and I'm really glad that redesign is moving forward!

Thank you!

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about

More
11 Aug 2016 07:51 #77885 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Crypt card redesign

You want to be consistent in library and crypt cards. That is fine. But your white box isn't very suitable for library cards as it isn't clear which box is what type (combat/reaction/action/etc ...), so it isn't very good idea in crypt too.

I can't see the logic there, since crypt text box will always contain the same type of content. Comparing it to library text box which can accomodate action, combat etc. doesn't make sense.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds