lightbulb Crypt card redesign

11 Aug 2016 08:56 #77886 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign
OK, lots of printing done. End result very positive — it was like an early christmas.

Printed 200 cards at a print shop and another 60 or so at home. Colours from the print shop were vibrant, however the DPI not so great (suspect they had a setup issue). Colours at home we're a little flatter; but resolution / DPI was great. So it was a good spread for comparisons.

Overall they held up very well. I made a few minor tweaks to saturation / hue but asides from that everything was good. I currently have a temporary phone which is crap — will try an get some photos / comparisons up soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2016 21:08 #77891 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Crypt card redesign

You want to be consistent in library and crypt cards. That is fine. But your white box isn't very suitable for library cards as it isn't clear which box is what type (combat/reaction/action/etc ...), so it isn't very good idea in crypt too.

I can't see the logic there, since crypt text box will always contain the same type of content. Comparing it to library text box which can accomodate action, combat etc. doesn't make sense.

I think Ke. want the boxes in one color to make it look consistent, So changing one without changing the other might be no-go for him.

I suggest what self-biased did before - make the white part transparent (but unlike self-biased version, nearly white - similar to Ke. black box which also is not total black but near black thanks to alpha channel).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
16 Aug 2016 08:34 #77907 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Crypt card redesign

OK, lots of printing done. End result very positive — it was like an early christmas.

Printed 200 cards at a print shop and another 60 or so at home. Colours from the print shop were vibrant, however the DPI not so great (suspect they had a setup issue). Colours at home we're a little flatter; but resolution / DPI was great. So it was a good spread for comparisons.

Overall they held up very well. I made a few minor tweaks to saturation / hue but asides from that everything was good. I currently have a temporary phone which is crap — will try an get some photos / comparisons up soon.

So, did you find a camera?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Aug 2016 10:52 #77912 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Crypt card redesign

So, did you find a camera?

No; instead of faffing around with my shitty tmp phone (it's a windows phone!) — I built a deck building tool with PDF generation built into it. It's mostly done; hopefully will release it shortly.

Here's a link to a random deck I imported from SecretLibrary:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17269164/vtes/layout/example-deck.pdf

Here are some photos from the shitty phone:

The card text now use the latest card text from you and Floppy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha

More
22 Aug 2016 01:21 #77971 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Crypt card redesign
looks great!

my only criticism is that i would very strongly prefer having votes in the black box. it would make it way less awkward and shitty to just see
Independent (Titled): in the text box, and votes in the black box than the way it currently displays.

More
22 Aug 2016 02:45 #77972 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Crypt card redesign
Wow, the redesigned cards look great! The color of the purple strip is so much better than the ugly green. And more room for the text!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds