file What is missing from VtES?

22 Nov 2016 14:48 #79175 by Enygmas
Replied by Enygmas on topic What is missing from VtES?
A good marketing and new players strategy.

This game is nothing without players and I think we all agree that our numbers are not increasing but decreasing.

And I believe we all agree, too, that this game is already awesome. Is not like it lacks something regarding mechanics.

But we do need more people. And given the complexity of this game and lack of good tools to learn it the new players won't likely ask for a second round.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2016 22:17 - 22 Nov 2016 22:18 #79180 by chrisn101

And given the complexity of this game and lack of good tools to learn it the new players won't likely ask for a second round.

Does the tools comment encompass online play? Naturally virtual play loses some of the more interesting aspects of face-to-face interaction, but are plans afoot to improve existing software for the purposes of teaching new players to engage with the game? I'm thinking of the 'advisers' in Sid Meier's Civilization, explanatory help text, card art, preloaded taster decks and automatic managing of blood/pool? With large-screen phones and tablets now common, are there any apps developed or in development (a quick look of my phone suggests not*) that would give new players another avenue in or to practice with? I apologise in advance if such a thing exists and it has completely passed me by.

Thinking about this, wasn't there a WW survey that probed a VTES app a few months/years ago?

*I really like the new VampiDroid, btw :-)
Last edit: 22 Nov 2016 22:18 by chrisn101. Reason: Corrected "Meier" typo

More
24 Nov 2016 09:30 #79199 by Blooded Sand

[Beating down any attempt to make combat as a strategy viable won't make the problem go away. People will keep playing shitty combat decks because it's challenging, intensly interactive and fun.

No, it´s not fun. It´s boring. Predictable and often destroying 2 hours of potential fun for several people. A major flaw in the game design.

But watching 2 anal retentive twits flail their insanely fucking boring wall decks that do NOTHING is fun?
Combat in VtES involves tons of interaction, fast pacing, little la de dah french style bullshit negotiations, and is insanely fun. More fun than just about any combat mechanic in card game I have ever played.

Combat? Fun. Sneak Bleed? Boring. Walls? Boring.
Is sneak bleed and walls more technically challenging? Yes. More complex strategically? Yes. More fun? Not a chance.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talonz

More
24 Nov 2016 09:39 #79200 by Blooded Sand

he Embraces would be limited by the1-blood cost. It's either bounce and hunt next turn or don't bounce and not hunt next turn. This seems like a fair trade off.

"Well let's see, do I take the bleed for 5 at 3 stealth, or do i have a 1 cap weenie hunt next turn? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..."

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
24 Nov 2016 10:01 #79202 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic What is missing from VtES?

[Beating down any attempt to make combat as a strategy viable won't make the problem go away. People will keep playing shitty combat decks because it's challenging, intensly interactive and fun.

No, it´s not fun. It´s boring. Predictable and often destroying 2 hours of potential fun for several people. A major flaw in the game design.

But watching 2 anal retentive twits flail their insanely fucking boring wall decks that do NOTHING is fun?
Combat in VtES involves tons of interaction, fast pacing, little la de dah french style bullshit negotiations, and is insanely fun. More fun than just about any combat mechanic in card game I have ever played.

Combat? Fun. Sneak Bleed? Boring. Walls? Boring.
Is sneak bleed and walls more technically challenging? Yes. More complex strategically? Yes. More fun? Not a chance.

I think negotiation is fun. Intrigue is fun. Just hitting peoples vamps into torpor, building a crater, usually not being able to oust, just destroying other players possibilities for action, isn´t my idea of fun. If i´d redesign VTES I would construct the combat bit entirely different. But I guess it´s a matter of taste.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
24 Nov 2016 11:31 #79204 by TwoRazorReign

he Embraces would be limited by the1-blood cost. It's either bounce and hunt next turn or don't bounce and not hunt next turn. This seems like a fair trade off.

"Well let's see, do I take the bleed for 5 at 3 stealth, or do i have a 1 cap weenie hunt next turn? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..."

"Well lets see, do I stuff my library with disciplineless bounce cards and embraces so the weenies can bounce or do I just include vamps with dominate and Deflection? Hmmmmmmmmmm..."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds