file Anthololgy Set, or, FU Non EU players

04 Feb 2017 11:21 #80552 by GreyB

I think the fail at math is the real problem here.

By now you can buy, for example, enkil cog, for 60 +/- euros at ebay or for 150 euros + travel cost + accommodation at the EC2017.

There is no advantage for European players at all.

And obviously contents of the set will hit ebay immediately after the event for the prices incomparable with the costs of attending EC.

Complains are just silly.

See, that travel cost? that travel cost is about 1500 Euros. that is a wee fucking bit expensive, matey

Erm, you're not getting what Elotar is saying... You don't have to travel to get the cards...

As we speak, there's already "Ashur's tablet" (multiple) available on e-bay for 5 euros each.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2017 12:15 #80555 by Blooded Sand
The set is 20 euros, and has far more than just 3 ashurs tablets.....

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
04 Feb 2017 12:42 #80557 by fredsct

Put another way: Without the efforts of the VEKN, there would be zero cards being printed right now. Complaining that there are only some cards being printed, at a limited availability, is essentially ignoring the fact that 1 > 0.

If you are implying that any new cards printed are always better than no new cards being printed at all, I disagree. In a CCG, poorly distributed cards can be a very bad thing.

Fred

More
04 Feb 2017 13:40 #80560 by GreyB

The set is 20 euros, and has far more than just 3 ashurs tablets.....

Added costs (hotel/travel/admittance) for europeans outside of germany (or within germany for that matter, it's a big country) will range from 400-800 euros.

So yeah, I (someone from europe) would've loved to only pay 20 euros for a mail-order as well.
But I understand why this is not currently possible.

And I have the same option as you, to ask someone to pick up a set or two for me.

But this is all just short term thinking, the grandscheme here is threefold.
- The value of those cards will plummet on ebay, might not even be worthwhile to resell.
- This is just the first time this happens, more sets might be distributed at more international events.
- If successful, VTES might hit the stores worldwide, making this complain thread rather silly in retrospect.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
04 Feb 2017 18:29 #80563 by ruiza97

Put another way: Without the efforts of the VEKN, there would be zero cards being printed right now. Complaining that there are only some cards being printed, at a limited availability, is essentially ignoring the fact that 1 > 0.

If you are implying that any new cards printed are always better than no new cards being printed at all, I disagree. In a CCG, poorly distributed cards can be a very bad thing.

Fred

Lol. Hilarious.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
05 Feb 2017 02:26 #80566 by fredsct

Lol. Hilarious.

Um, sure.

Lol, hilarious to you, too, fella...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds