file Rules update suggestion: Diablerie and Disciplines

15 Oct 2017 11:29 #83864 by Bloodartist
I am favor of this idea, since its lore- and RPG-accurate, while the current rule is not. Adding extra counters that could be sold as merchandise is not a bad thing either. They could be printed in card form as well, just like the old anarch/corruption counter.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Oct 2017 09:35 #83878 by elotar
As a side note I want to mention, that more than one type of counters on one card is a bad game design.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
16 Oct 2017 12:07 #83881 by Bloodartist

As a side note I want to mention, that more than one type of counters on one card is a bad game design.

I don't agree with this at all. Why would it be bad game design? We already have it after all. We have blood counters and an anarch counter on an anarch vampire most of the time (not counting Galaric's legacy and whatnot). Same vampire can still have corruption counters etc.

Its not at all uncommon in magic the gathering either, to use as an example.. If its good for the most popular CCG in the world, its good enough for us.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
16 Oct 2017 15:34 #83886 by self biased

[Citation Needed]

More
17 Oct 2017 06:25 #83899 by elotar

Its not at all uncommon in magic the gathering either...

No, it's uncommon. Actually it's kind of a rule in a late MTG sets, that there will not be more that one type of counters. Early sets got them, obviously, but it was later understood as a mistake.

2Self Biased - see some of the Mark Rosewater articles about ccg design.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
19 Oct 2017 19:30 #83941 by ReverendRevolver

Its not at all uncommon in magic the gathering either...

No, it's uncommon. Actually it's kind of a rule in a late MTG sets, that there will not be more that one type of counters. Early sets got them, obviously, but it was later understood as a mistake.

2Self Biased - see some of the Mark Rosewater articles about ccg design.

Define "early". Easily within the last 10 years kamigawa, Ravnica, all 4 parts of Lorwyn, and especially time spiral had multiple variants of counters on permanent, as cratures, and out if play cards. I quit MTG, but I'm still confused.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds