file Rules update suggestion: Diablerie and Disciplines

08 Oct 2017 14:26 #83770 by Kraus

Rules update suggestion: Diablerie and Disciplines

Suggestion: When diablerizing, there should be no need to fetch a master discipline card from your deck for the capacity effect - instead, when diablerizing an older vampire, the diablerist can gain a capacity and a level of any disciplines the victim had at superior. (tracked through special 'tokens')

They could be standard discipline cards (with a sleeve of a different color).

They could. At least for starters.

They could be some tokens as well (to differentiate from a Master card) for the renewed core game, just to make some more cool trinkets.

Either works. There's benefits to making the tokens, but they're not mandatory by any means.

As for Elotar; I'll call your bluff and accept that as a hilarious pull_your_leg - nice one. :silly:

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2017 10:11 - 10 Oct 2017 10:12 #83798 by BaaliJusticar
Great idea!
And I agree with Ankha, just use cards (although there are not cards for all disciplines...)
But then you should not be able to use cards from your deck imho.

Rolf
Last edit: 10 Oct 2017 10:12 by BaaliJusticar.

More
11 Oct 2017 13:08 #83825 by ur_vampire
I think that is not a bad idea, but what happens with per example with melpominee or other disciplines with no skill cards.
And as an collector let me say, I like the idea with the tokens, but that is only my one thing.

More
11 Oct 2017 13:28 #83827 by Kraus
Well the tokens would help with those bloodline disciplines, for sure.

And the collector in me also fancied the idea of new shiny toys. I mean the lcg fornat for example largely rides with the glamour of extra bling, both in boxes and as prize support.

I think many would love them.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

More
11 Oct 2017 14:31 #83830 by ReverendRevolver

And the collector in me also fancied the idea of new shiny toys. I mean the lcg fornat for example largely rides with the glamour of extra bling, both in boxes and as prize support.

I feel limited run prize support can be enormous for the Game going forward. Alternative art crypt cards, staple and rare library cards, and tokens could be easy outlets of this. We all have our favorite (or more commonly 1+ least favorite) art for a discipline card, so we notice.
What about annual sets of diablerie discipline tokens, with full card art changing by the year, and small reminder text on diablerie (or reminder text on the back).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, self biased

More
11 Oct 2017 14:54 #83832 by Kraus

I feel limited run prize support can be enormous for the Game going forward. Alternative art crypt cards, staple and rare library cards, and tokens could be easy outlets of this. We all have our favorite (or more commonly 1+ least favorite) art for a discipline card, so we notice.
What about annual sets of diablerie discipline tokens, with full card art changing by the year, and small reminder text on diablerie (or reminder text on the back).

I mean this is exactly the thing. Offer some plain ones in starters, and super cool ones for prizes?

Depending on how it's going to be published, if we go for example with clan specific packs or something something, they could have token cards of the relevant clan disciplines come in the box.

The opporunities are limitless.

Also, game play wise, people would probably be enthusiastic to see wonky disciplines enter the sphere of their vamps.

For extra support for the masters, print some, i dunno, support cards to enable the combo decks?

-Nalia De-Arnise

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds