file getting more actions out of my brujah

15 Oct 2017 19:34 #83867 by gymim
I'm working on a euro-brujah deck and i was wondering, are there any cards out there to get multiple actions out of my vampires? I cant freak drive or Rutor's Hand, any one have ideas for other ways to untap and do something else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2017 20:22 #83868 by Damnans
If you think your brujah will get blocked often, then I suggest that you use Zephyr:

Name: Zephyr
[TU:C, Anthology:4]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Celerity
Only usable after resolution of an unsuccessful action.
[cel] Unlock this vampire at the end of the turn.
[CEL] Unlock this vampire.
Artist: Javier Santos

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

More
16 Oct 2017 07:50 - 16 Oct 2017 07:51 #83874 by Bloodartist
The main post-action untap cards are afaik freak drive (for), forced march (for+cel) and instantaneous transformation (CEL + PRO). I really don't know any useful ways for untapping brujah with camarilla titles for multi-acting. You may have to look for specific vampires with those disciplines beyond those of the standard eurobrujah crypt. For example Armin Brenner can play forced march, but he is an archbishop. This will probably create a completely different deck.

If you plan on winning rush-combat, there is monster, which allows you to untap once per turn if opponent is not ready.

If you plan on bleeding, there is flurry of action(CEL)... (although I just don't like this card).

One way is to untap at end of turn somehow, for example metro underground, and then acting on opponents turn with Enkil Cog (requires 10 cap). Acting on your prey's turn is a great way to get around archon investigation.

I guess one way to counteract the lack of actions would be to simply have more minions. Although I think something like 4th tradition loses much of its potence if you can't untap after it for another action.. Maybe I've gotten spoiled by my CEL+PRO star vampires :)

Other factions have some non-discipline-restricted ways for untapping, for example anarchs have Firebrand and infamous insurgent.

ps. After recent live local tournament my friends and I were discussing the recent lack of eurobrujah tournament winners. I wonder if this issue has something to do with it.

pps. I doubt this post was very useful, but hopefully it gave some ideas.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 16 Oct 2017 07:51 by Bloodartist.

More
16 Oct 2017 10:34 - 16 Oct 2017 10:35 #83879 by Lönkka
If you have political oriented Brujah deck then My Kin Against the World can nicely be used for (mass) untapping.

My Kin Against the World
Political Action
Cost: X Blood

Choose X younger vampires of the same clan as this acting vampire. If this vampire is Laibon, you may choose younger Laibon regardless of clan. If this referendum passes, untap this acting vampire and the chosen vampires. Only one My Kin Against the World can be called each turn.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 16 Oct 2017 10:35 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Oct 2017 13:30 #83884 by TwoRazorReign

If you think your brujah will get blocked often, then I suggest that you use Zephyr:

Name: Zephyr
[TU:C, Anthology:4]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Celerity
Only usable after resolution of an unsuccessful action.
[cel] Unlock this vampire at the end of the turn.
[CEL] Unlock this vampire.
Artist: Javier Santos

You may as well say: "If you think your Euro Brujah deck sucks, make it suck more with Zephyr." It's always better to focus on strengths of a deck instead of contingencies for weaknesses. Euro Brujah don't have Fortitude, so they just don't have many options to untap. That's a weakness of this archetype. But it has a big strength in that Euro Brujah have Dominate. So Govern out other mid-cap princes and low caps to take additional actions instead of worrying about untapping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
16 Oct 2017 13:46 #83885 by ruiza97
Alastor out a Helicopter.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds