file New Set?

21 Feb 2018 20:48 #85387 by Lenny
Replied by Lenny on topic New Set?
That would be way too expensive. But fingers crossed for at least one set.

Baron of Turku

I am love, I am smile /
I am the Earth defiled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2018 17:54 #85395 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic New Set?
Follow-up answers to some questions in this thread:

So, has the delay on getting the next set out the door, also delayed the work on the set following it as well?

Copy-pasting my response to the same question on the VTES WORLD group on Facebook:

Yes and no? Mike Nudd and I wanted to do a follow-up Bloodlines set that covers the clans we didn't cover in Lost Kindred. However, when I discussed the matter with White Wolf when I was in Stockholm, they told me to hold off on doing so as they haven't yet finalized their plans for Bloodlines clans in V5. Luckily, what we developed for Lost Kindred happened to be close enough in line with what they're thinking for those clans that we didn't have to scrap the set - we only had to make some minor revisions to some artwork.

I also mentioned to White Wolf that we also want to do a Camarilla set, partly due to game need (such as filling out G5 Cam crypt) and partly because we wanted to tie into V5. They're on board with that idea and that's what we're presently developing, though it's in the very early stages.

What about previews then? Do we need to have the print vs. PDF thing settled before that?

The problem with doing previews right now is that previews have this tendency to set expectations that the release of the set is imminent. As much as we could release the PDF the moment we got the green light for it, we honestly don't know if and when that will be. And as we've seen, these processes take far longer than people on the outside looking in would expect, to an excruciating degree. If the decision is made to not allow a PDF release but instead go forward with printing them as actual cards, that release will take a little longer, as well.

If there is NDA involved maybe they can tell us that it's a case?

We (the VEKN ICs) are under a confidentiality agreement with White Wolf.

So, is there a name yet?

Lost Kindred.

I second this. If we can get all the previous expansions printed that would be great. Hope it all works out.

That would be way too expensive. But fingers crossed for at least one set.

The funny part is it would be the cheapest thing to do, given that White Wolf still has the original artwork files. The big cost would be the time needed to prepare the cards for printing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad, self biased, Lenny, kschaefer

More
22 Feb 2018 22:19 #85397 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic New Set?

So, is there a name yet?

Lost Kindred.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Blooded Sand

More
22 Feb 2018 22:34 #85401 by Blooded Sand
Replied by Blooded Sand on topic New Set?

The funny part is it would be the cheapest thing to do, given that White Wolf still has the original artwork files. The big cost would be the time needed to prepare the cards for printing.

What about a second type anthology set, with a better set up for global distribution, but with the key cards newbies would need? Deflection, freak drives, Govern, PS, etc. All the staple power cards.

:assa: :flight: :QUI: :OBF: :POT: :FOR: :TEM: :DOM:

More
23 Feb 2018 01:58 #85405 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic New Set?
Honestly, why not aim for a new base set?

Strip most of the Sect-specific political stuff out of it, and have a modest 300-ish card set with new Camarilla vampires, Sabbat vamps from
Danse Macabre, and Independent Vampires from The Unaligned. Just the most basic and essential cards for the game. This is even easier to do if the powers that be decided to fold Anti-tribu clans into their main clans.

Design a Starter Set, similar to the demo Decks, but with a more global theme: Tremere, Malkavian, Gangrel, Lasombra, and Tzimisce. That way each clan has its own unique discipline. Maybe even include a few exclusive cards for this set.

Release "expansion packs" to expand Sabbat/cam/anarch politics.

More
26 Feb 2018 13:29 #85426 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic New Set?

Honestly, why not aim for a new base set?

I believe most of the cards would require new art.
Besides the time it would take to do this, the monetary part would be too much, if the plan was not to start the game for real and for good, with a resident team, scheduled releases, etc..

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds