file What is holding back a V:TES rerelease

05 Dec 2017 10:33 #84466 by gatocion

There are some license issues but bottom line, there was no confidence in economic viability for a long time.

However VEKN is working to circumvent the license issues and Paradox is looking into economic viability atm.

I think legal issues are done changing the back logo (taking out the "deckmaster"), changing the tap/untap for lock/unlock etc....

But how do you know that Paradox/WW is looking for economic viability? Do you have some information about it? Are you certain about it?

Thanks for the clarification!

VEKN#4200008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2017 10:35 #84467 by TapeTaChatte
of course the VEKN Inner Circle team is in contact with Paradox/WW about that kind of questions, in order to determine if a future reprint is possible

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad, gatocion

More
06 Dec 2017 03:34 #84477 by BenPeal

But how do you know that Paradox/WW is looking for economic viability? Do you have some information about it? Are you certain about it?

Because the VEKN ICs met with White Wolf at the World of Darkness event in Berlin. Because I met with them myself when I visited Stockholm last month.

We certainly don't want the Anthology Set to be the only such project we get to print. We've been in ongoing discussions with White Wolf about possible future projects. There isn't anything we can share with the community right now, partly because these conversations are confidential and partly because there simply hasn't been an official decision to announce.

One of my biggest frustrations about all of this - apart from the game still not being back in print - is that I very, very much wish I could be more transparent about all of this, but it's simply not fair to the process and to the parties involved and it would be detrimental to the goal. My hope is that someday, if and when we get the game back in print, I can have a big get together over beers and whisky and tell you all about the ins and outs of all of the attempts and projects and proposals I've been involved with, dating back literally seven years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, hardyrange, Joscha, drnlmza, Kraus, self biased, Tsolo, Lenny, Ezra, gatocion, Cat_in_Exile, LivesByProxy

More
06 Dec 2017 07:57 #84478 by gatocion
Thank you TapeTaChatte and BenPeal for your words!

It's good to know that there are conversations going on and meetings with WW, I perfectly understand that all of that is confidential, but at least now we know that work is carried on by IC, thanks for that!

I hope the reprint, or at least more sets like the Anthology Set will come soon.

BenPeal I take your word and i will buy you the beers and whyskys myself to listen to all your adventures!

I encourage to all who work in the shadows.

VEKN#4200008

More
06 Dec 2017 20:44 #84486 by Lönkka
Honour to all of those who fight the good fight from the shadows even if unrecognized!

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds