file Defense Vs Fatty Vampire Bloat?

24 Jan 2018 20:47 #85070 by ReverendRevolver
@bloodedsand:
I've been trying to get Eyes of the Dead erratad or banned for years but nobody notices......

I thought Brandon(theOP) seemed to be asking about play styles, not another round of "what to ban to keep balance because villein is still too good..... Next target, voter cap and getting a Master phase....."(can I trademark that?)

I always recommend:
(Rush or block) hands one, soak, disarm, graverob when someone is abusing a fatty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2018 21:45 #85072 by brandonsantacruz
You are correct, Rev, I was asking about play style (e.g. deckbuilding, including rush, etc). Erratas and bans are an unrelated subject.

It sounds like the consensus is that combat and master cards are the best anti-fatty strategies. The Banishment strategy was an interesting touch, but would require having an 11+ cap to be very reliable and then contend with other votes. Sensory Deprivation is a solid choice, although it wouldn't have worked vs Mark's turbo deck because he did not have to be untapped to bleed, plus his brother's Unnamed deck was infernal. Mark also played a Lucian, The Perfect deck that nearly killed me in the final of the tournament I won due to it's massive bleeds. Archon Investigation would have been a good answer to that and would have at least slowed down his TWD. Regarding Voter Cap, either DI or DT seem like a good answer, unless you happen to be playing the cornercase Final Loosening.

Thanks for the input guys!

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
25 Jan 2018 00:16 #85077 by Kushiel
If your metagame is seeing a lot of large, powerful vampires who are low on blood, vampire-theft strategies (particularly Temptation, to capitalize on the low-blood part) should be quite powerful.

Similarly, blood denial strategies get a whole lot better when everyone is voluntarily lowering their vampires down to just a few blood, because you can punish that tendency and because fear of that punishment may work as a psychological tactic to keep people from recurring that much blood back to pool in the first place.

More
25 Jan 2018 06:16 #85082 by ReverendRevolver
I enjoy foul blood late game if there are prone vamps.

Around when girls decks were really occupying the TWD archive, I bought like 6 copies of Kamiri was itheroro and that !gang! That does damage as an action so I could snipe Nana and Aksinya and Cybele who were low on blood without a carded action they could DI.

Obviously, I never made it work or I'd have been bragging about it for years :silly: , but it's still a theory I didn't test enough to scrap.

Speaking of attrition on people who empty fatties, Vampiric Disease has always seemed cool for gun decks or ones where you always stay at long with :ani: (you know, ones that manuever with swallowed by the night).

Form of corruption and temptation are also rather funny as well though.

More
25 Jan 2018 09:08 - 25 Jan 2018 12:58 #85083 by elotar
After ban of a Red Star MMA became the same as any other big cap decks - not actually powerful, but just more "swingy" - if you got needed cards/was not rushed or blocked and they was not cancelled than you gain ~8 pool in one turn, if something goes wrong than you loose the same amount.

You can pack answers to them, but it just change possibilities of the swings, they will still happen. And looking at a way the game works I'm not sure that it's a correct strategy.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2018 12:58 by elotar.

More
25 Jan 2018 10:01 #85085 by Lönkka
Villein is all good IMO.
Perhaps it could be errated to "You must move 2 or more blood" so you couldn't play it if the target has 0-1 blood. But even that ain't critical.

If legion of fatties is causing you problems you should adjust your playstyle/deck building a bit to be able to counter that problem.

One great anti-fattie card I failed to mention is Fear of Mekhet.
Which obviously don't work against everyone...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds