file Defense Vs Fatty Vampire Bloat?

27 Jan 2018 22:13 #85129 by brandonsantacruz
@MJ
Rev and Klaus had good answers to weenies. For a long time weenies were considered overpowered. With the introduction of Villein fatties gained a lot of power relative to weenies (recoup lots of pool fast and get to play another master, such as Giant's Blood. Setup for Renewed Vigor, Voter Cap).

What do I do vs weenies?
#1: Scourge of the Enochians. One card to kill all one-two caps. As long as you aren't playing 1-2 caps this should be included in your decks.

#2 Aranthebes- Reduces bleed power of most low caps quite a bit and generally useful card

#3 Anarchist Uprising/Ancilla Empowerment- possibly a high reward card, lowers the pool at the whole table and may lead to quick ousts. Weenies are not known for being particularly strong voters, especially when on defense due to lack of starting titles.

#4 Neonate Breach for reasons similar to #3, except more flexible

#5 Efficient combat + wakes. Bats+Crows can tear up weenies most of the time, as can guns. Being able to generate 1-2 intercept means blocking hunts, rescues, votes, etc. and stomp weenies.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2018 10:40 #85138 by GreyB
I thought this thread was about 'Defense Vs Fatty Vampire Bloat?'...

I see a tendency to derail threads... :P

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
28 Jan 2018 10:44 - 28 Jan 2018 10:53 #85139 by Kraus

Dunno, I see a natural evolution of a discussion. :P

The original question was kind of answered as well.

Using it more than Kine Resources Contested in vote decks, I don't really get, though. Sure, it hurts the weenie deck, or the deck recruiting seventy bajillion allies. Sure, it might well hurt breed boon (assuming you can get the vote through, which may require a little effort). But it's hurting everyone on the table, all at once, and the weenie deck may not be sitting anywhere near you. You want to oust your prey, who's playing a slow, wall-ish control deck with three vampires out, and you're pulling quite a few Ancilla Empowerments as you have more of them than KRC - but in trying to use those to oust your prey, you're doing much more damage to your grand-prey who has six minions out. Or you don't play them, and if you're playing more Ancilla Empowerments than KRC, it's tough to cycle to the votes that won't oust people cross-table. And in later rounds in a tournament environment, anyone knowing that you're doing a lot of damage to everyone has a good incentive to get you off the table - much like whole tables would sometimes do everything they could to get the player stacking 27 Anarch Revolts onto the table, starting from turn one.

Well, that of course boils down to play styles.

I've seen just too many table time outs to my liking, and in tournaments those generally help no one. If everyone (well, I'll just chime in I suppose) packs enough punch, it speeds up the games a lot. If there's no one who dropped within 1h15m, the table's more than likely to time out. Someone needs to get killed.

It often depends on the table positioning and all that jazz, but often I'm all for the weenie hell dying from cross table. I wouldn't be able to handle it in the end game anyways. Or I'd rather not.

I'm just drawn to the raw damage output of minion based votes. KRC is always a flat out 4. It's useful. But you'd be surprised how often a table of sprinkled votes hands out an Uprising, as the counters on the table diminish. People have their first VP in mind first and foremost, and roughly a 3 to everyone gets everyone that much closer to getting their VP.

Let's say people have an estimate of 3 minions out each, so Uprising hits for 15 pool damage instead of 4 of a KRC. Of course you don't want to lose that 3, so let's say 12. And THAT's all from your now-or-future opponents.

It's awesome.

But obviously, as stated, it boils down to play style. Slower and buildy decks gain an advantage in their speed, stealth bleeders rejoice as their game plan is instantly furthered, vote decks enjoy it since they usually play with less minions, combat decks hurrah - swarm and breed decks hate it, and everyone else loves it.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 28 Jan 2018 10:53 by Kraus.

More
28 Jan 2018 10:49 #85140 by GreyB

Dunno, I see a natural evolution of a discussion. :P

The original question was kind of answered as well.

So? Start a new thread ;) So when I look 2 years from now to see how I defend against weenies, I can easily retreive a whole topic on it ;)

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds