file Some useless statistics for 2017 TWD

16 Jul 2018 11:03 #88858 by Kraus
A year's worth of statistics seems like a worthy effort, and gives contemporary information.

Additionally, it would be great if there was a possibility to take a look at not only winners, but finals decks, since any of those decks could be a winner. Too much info to gather though, I presume.

So much info tho... //drool

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2018 11:35 #88860 by skimflux
Yes, to have the full list of finalists would be very interesting, however these are generally not reported so there's no way to make that analysis...

What you can do is look into what is lacking: roughly 2/3 of all cards feature in less than 15 winning decks, and nearly 400 cards have never featured in any winning deck ever! That's a lot of wallpaper...

More
16 Jul 2018 12:51 #88864 by Kraus

Yes, to have the full list of finalists would be very interesting, however these are generally not reported so there's no way to make that analysis...

What you can do is look into what is lacking: roughly 2/3 of all cards feature in less than 15 winning decks, and nearly 400 cards have never featured in any winning deck ever! That's a lot of wallpaper...

Well, everyone knows VtES is filled with old wallpaper from times when they really didn't know what to do with power levels. :D Oh, the 90's...

It's definitely more interesting to see what kinds of cards fall in the middle - those of which there are some instances of in the TWDA within a given year, but that are not prevalent.

The top 30 is of course interesting as well.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
16 Jul 2018 14:38 - 16 Jul 2018 14:40 #88869 by skimflux

Well, everyone knows VtES is filled with old wallpaper from times when they really didn't know what to do with power levels. :D Oh, the 90's...

You can find cards in the 'wallpaper' list from pretty much any expansion set. Research and Development from HttB, for example.

OTOH, even Car Bomb is featured in one deck...
Last edit: 16 Jul 2018 14:40 by skimflux.

More
16 Jul 2018 15:24 #88873 by elotar
There are no such requirement for a card "be powerful enough to be tournament worthy in a constructed environment of 4000+ cards".

There are some cards which can be used in limited play, some are representations of WoD characters/events/concepts which just have to be in the game, some are like a "hard mode" - deliberately underpowered to challenge bored players. Some wacky combo pieces may be possible to give players who likes it an ability to express themselves.

Actually some aspects are terribly underrepresented - I would like to have more cards with cool themes, like cyberpunk, finance or gothic love. I want to have a playable (casually) tragic love deck! :lol:

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

More
16 Jul 2018 15:40 #88875 by Brum

(...)

Quite a few of these were missing from Elotar's list - most notably On The Qui Vive and Direct Intervention. Enkil Cog doesn't actually make it into the Top25, neither do any Political Actions.
I'm also doing my analysis for the full TWDA - it's quite interesting to see how the meta has evolved over the years - once I have the full results I'll post them in a new thread.

Super thanks!.
I've always loved this type of analysis.
Takes the emotion out of the game and empowers better opinions.

It is true shame that we cannot see Finalists as well, but players are super resistant to deliver decklists.
Just the winner is a fraction of the truth.

It might be obvious, but I'm interested in seeing the numbers before and after KoT, HttB and the ban of Anthelios.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds