file What Does VTES Need? (In Your Opinion)

23 Mar 2018 18:16 #86004 by LivesByProxy
What clans need help? What sects need help? What kind of help? What disciplines are 'useless' or under-powered? What would be some cool mechanical space to devote to a particular discipline? What cards are corner-case but have potential? What janky or weird deck ideas do you have that seem to be missing a key card?

My suggestion, from my ReVamping VTES post: rework the Blood Hunt mechanic. After diablerie, a Blood Hunt referendum is called on the diablerist (this is unchanged from the core rules.) However, rather than a successful Blood Hunt outright burning a vampire, that vampire is instead Red Listed. Diablerizing a Red Listed minion does not result in a Blood Hunt (I don't think it does already, but the rules don't seem to say one way or another.)

Why this change? Allows the diablerizing vampire to potentially survive for more actions. Supports trophies, maybe? Creates interesting situations? Helps combat decks oust by torp'ing vamps and the diablerizing their prey's vamp without immediate repercussions?

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2018 19:13 #86006 by Kraus
To be back in print.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel, yafka, Ezra, DanielG

More
23 Mar 2018 19:55 #86007 by elotar
I think diablery and blood hunt should go out of rulebook and, maybe, stay on relevant cards.

Diablery
action/reaction
(D) Burn a vampire in torpor controlled by another Methuselah.
or play when this vampire successfully blocks leaving torpor action to burn acting vampire.

[After this action there referendum is called to burn this vampire]

Actually I'm not sure that the last part is needed, looks fine as is.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
23 Mar 2018 20:07 #86008 by LivesByProxy
@Elotar:

I agree with you, but that's something for the VTES 2.0 overhaul / VTES ReVamped project, given the community's dislike of change. :[

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
23 Mar 2018 20:22 #86010 by thelonius reloaded

To be back in print.

As soon as possible

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanielG

More
23 Mar 2018 20:42 #86011 by jamesatzephyr

I think diablery and blood hunt should go out of rulebook and, maybe, stay on relevant cards.

That seriously changes the dynamic of diablerie. Lots of the time, decks don't massively plan to diablerize people as an overall strategy, for many of the obvious reasons - being in torpor may well be good enough, it might be a waste of an action, it exposes you to the possibility of being burned by a Blood Hunt and even if you're burning your prey, your predator might have titles etc. Or they may just aim to burn them outright if necessary - a few copies of Decapitate, the ability for excess agg etc.

But lots of decks will take advantage of it tactically, when it's useful in the moment to dispose of a vampire who is too much trouble to have lying around e.g. multi-acting star decks, with weenies to assist. That can't really happen tactically if you have to pull a card to do it - the card needs to be in your deck, you need to have pulled it, you don't want to have had to hold on to it for too long etc. So when combat-oriented decks currently really do need to finish someone off, they'd be in a much more precarious state than currently, because it's much easier to get someone out of torpor if burning them requires a card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds