file Children of Stone and Handsome Dan

12 May 2018 03:09 #86817 by ReverendRevolver
So........

I've been a rather vocal supporter of gargoyles (except Tupdogs, which will all stay In my binder where they belong) for quite some time. Specifically the non slave ones. All 7 of them.

So, while I'm not building decks with any new gargoyles not named Handsome Dan, I third important to celebrate these two very small victories for non slave gargoyles:

Children of stone:

Basically, playing freed gargoyles is saying outright you are fine with 0 vps. They have a fist full of playable toys (combat, a freak drive, a rush, bleed reduction, a card that treats all agg as normal) but the only things they have that we all wish could go in other decks are the pool intense trio: razor bat (standing intercept retainer with built in environmental damage @2pool) stone dog (rush enabling retainer with 1 close environmental @ 3 pool) and rock cat (rushing, punching, potency playing ally @ 4pool).
Of course, you always have to worry about pool, as gargoyles don't make it and barely defend it, and you always draw those cards when you can't play em.

Children of stone let's you pull one of the retainers from your deck or ash heap at 2 stealth, at reduced cost.

Dan is at first glance pretty generic.
Except that he has literally the same spread as the best non slave gargoyle in his grouping, Alabastrom. So, in a deck of the 3 available free gargoyles, 2 have access to guardian vigil at all 3 as well as diversion fun.

So, while I hoped for one or more not slave that groups with others, I at least got that.

Now, I'll leave it to other people to point out that unleash the hounds helps Tupdogs which is bad, and that one tremere slave can children of stone up free razor bats and another allows you to run one tremere in your whole crypt and still find them.

Good thing Alabastrom malachai and Dan can play hatchlings. You laugh, but I wont be contesting vamps.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: AceFranklin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2018 05:29 #86819 by kschaefer
Two vampires that can Dabbler play Guardian Vigil out-of-the-box. No, you'll be contesting those guys at some point.

More
12 May 2018 08:35 #86828 by GreyB

Now, I'll leave it to other people to point out that unleash the hounds helps Tupdogs

Tupdogs can only use the inferior, the superior requires an unique Gargoyle.
So you can choose +1 bleed cards for your Tupdogs or conditionings for your !tremere.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
12 May 2018 22:54 #86850 by ReverendRevolver

Now, I'll leave it to other people to point out that unleash the hounds helps Tupdogs

Tupdogs can only use the inferior, the superior requires an unique Gargoyle.
So you can choose +1 bleed cards for your Tupdogs or conditionings for your !tremere.

Yeah, but tupdogs are the enemy and must be never given new toys out of spite. Obviously they didn't play leverage, but when I saw the non unique on superior only I felt threatened...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds