question-circle Proxies after 05/2018

16 May 2018 08:37 #86958 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Proxies after 05/2018

While proxy tournaments do for sure hurt the commercial aspect of the game, namely White Wolf and Black Chantry

Only if WW and Black Chantry actually has those cards sold as official releases. Currently we only have a fraction of cards available in stores, and those stores are few and far between. Third edition was almost out even in Fantasiapelit iirc.

I think the next black chantry release should be a 3rd edition bundle of some sort, so people could actually get functioning decks with new releases only. Also until the Europe mailing costs are solved, I would not be happy to order cards from US.

If Fantasiapelit would become the main distributor of VTES cards in Europe, I wouldn't oppose :)

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2018 08:54 #86959 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Proxies after 05/2018

Only if WW and Black Chantry actually has those cards sold as official releases.

My thoughts exactly.

Instead of a basic card bundle I'd concentrate on the starter. Same goal, more good stuff.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
16 May 2018 09:30 #86961 by Tendoncutter
Replied by Tendoncutter on topic Proxies after 05/2018
While tounament play is important, I believe casual play in a non-tounament setting is of greater importance with regards to getting and keeping new players to the game.
Proxies have always been "legal" in casual play, as anyone could just bring printed versions to games in a non-tournament setting.
It not like any official sanction would be levied on players who proxies them for casual play, even before they were legalised in tournaments(some)..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bloodartist

More
17 May 2018 11:09 #87057 by ScoundrelAtHeart
As far as I know proxies in general are only allowed in casual if the other players are ok with it. For Tournaments only the proxies from the official vekn PDFs are allowed. And that is what I go by when I organize events in my city.

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
17 May 2018 12:32 - 17 May 2018 12:33 #87059 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Proxies after 05/2018
Nope:

"4.5. Proxy Cards

As long as the game is not under production, the organizer of an event that is neither a National Championship nor a Continental Championship can choose to allow proxy cards in his or her event. For events where proxy cards are allowed, several points apply:

there are no limit to the number of proxy cards a deck can have
every proxy card must be a color-copy of the original card, on standard paper
the quality of the print must allow the reading of the illustrator's name
the organizer must mark the event as 'allowing proxy cards' on the VEKN calendar"

As for VEKN-issued cards, proxy-cards would have to be inserted in an opaque sleeve (along the rest of the crypt and/or library), before a regular VTES card."

The game is of course now under production, but the availability of cards is not yet stable. There is not yet an official announcement on this.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 17 May 2018 12:33 by Kraus.

More
18 May 2018 06:57 #87107 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Proxies after 05/2018

For Tournaments only the proxies from the official vekn PDFs are allowed. And that is what I go by when I organize events in my city.

Please refrain using the word "Proxies" when you describe the VEKN PDF sets.
They are not proxies.

The term used in the relevant page is "printable expansion sets"
www.vekn.net/official-expansion-sets

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds