file Scarce Rule - Abolish It!

15 May 2018 02:30 #86906 by Kushiel
Can we talk about removing the rule for the Scarce keyword from the rulebook, and just leaving it as a keyword that interacts with (a very few) other cards?

It's a really stupid rule for deckbuilding (scarce bloodlines already have so few vampires per group that they'll still be scarce even if you "only" pay for their capacity like any other vampire) and in play, where it can screw over people even more randomly than vampire contestation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2018 06:26 #86910 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Scarce Rule - Abolish It!
I'm against this stupid idea that says that Scarce is stupid. (Does it sound Trump enough?) The main concern is about Salubri and True Brujah that have access to slightly overpowered cards. The design space for such cards is openened because the clan is Scarce (it works the same with infernal vampires). Scarce basically prevents from playing more than 2 vampires from the same clan (because 6 more pool is a lot). I'm really concerned by decks with 4 True Brujah for instance. The game is full of limitation (what's next? removing the Prince or Justicar requirement from Second Tradition?), it's part of the game. The only thing I dislike is that luck is involved if someone else plays Scarce vampires of the same clan too. So that random part could be dropped.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: ffiuza, Ezra, Cat_in_Exile, ScoundrelAtHeart

More
15 May 2018 08:37 #86911 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Scarce Rule - Abolish It!
Make it only about your own minions. So no need to pay because someone else is using the same clan.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra, Bloodartist, ScoundrelAtHeart

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
15 May 2018 10:23 #86916 by Bloodartist

Make it only about your own minions. So no need to pay because someone else is using the same clan.

I agree with this. Randomly screwing up other players who happen to be playing same clan is not cool in my books.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
15 May 2018 10:25 #86917 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Scarce Rule - Abolish It!
Lönkka's suggestion is a valid one. On the other hand choice of crypt is already a meta call, due to contesting rules, but on the other hand Scarce punishes players in tournaments further kinda randomly. That choice definitely adds to the scarcity of the clans, as no one wants to pay 3 pool for their minions just because others made a deck building choice, but could possibly be redacted with a rule update.

You'll most definitely have to keep the 3 pool rule for each of YOUR scarce vampires though. It's a very important balance factor.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
15 May 2018 15:00 #86925 by ReverendRevolver

I agree with this. Randomly screwing up other players who happen to be playing same clan is not cool in my books.

I once saw a g4 salubri from my prey, brought up my own Matthias. Then had grand predator flip Serena the white.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds