file Newbie, tempted by the POD shift

31 May 2018 12:27 - 31 May 2018 12:28 #87783 by Kraus

Thank you everyone for the info!

So I have learned sooo much more about the game over the past few days, and am excited to get some cards and play with friends. I purchased from a couple of different sources, including a set of beginner decks from ebay, a group support kit from Rose Tatu, and a bunch of starters from Fantasiapelit (overseas shipping is never fun, but even considering that it was muuuch cheaper than ebay for starters).

It doesn't look like there are any reasonably nearby players or Princes that I can see on the maps, but that's not really a deal breaker. I tend to be the one in my circle of friends that buys the cards and makes decks for us to all play whenever the opportunity and mood strikes.

Once again, thank you for all of the help and advice!

Do keep us up to date on how your group picks up the game! :) Every piece of info on newbie experiences is both valuable to organizers, as well as super fun to read for the rest of us.

Solitary players and groups might get good advice on how to get a group together on their own, and all such jazz. They are many, far and wide, and if I were interested in a game but struggling to get a group together, I'd love to read some stories, experiences and advice from a starting group's point of view.

Best of luck, and have fun! Don't forget to check here for continental tournaments and events. Even though they might seem big and scary, they're mostly (even the biggest tournaments) super beginner friendly, and tons of fun.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 31 May 2018 12:28 by Kraus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2018 13:25 #87784 by kschaefer

It doesn't look like there are any reasonably nearby players or Princes that I can see on the maps, but that's not really a deal breaker.

Perhaps I missed it, but where are you located?

More
31 May 2018 17:50 #87794 by Lönkka
Indeed.

Telling where you live and if the community knows players in the area can very likely yield some results!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
31 May 2018 20:32 #87797 by Jimmy Sad
Also, check the Prince listings if you haven't already.

I found one nearby, and he's connected me with other existing players plus some additional folks like myself who are new to the game. :)

More
01 Jun 2018 05:51 #87803 by JavelinChimera
I am located in Central Arkansas in the US.

I did check out the player map and list of Princes, seems like the closest others registered are about 5-6 hours away.

More
01 Jun 2018 06:00 #87804 by Ke.
You can become the prince; just apply and look to start a play group.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds