file top ten worst....

04 Jun 2018 08:26 #87888 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic top ten worst....

Just remember that considering letter from Vienna now is like making a comment of Giant Spider from 4th ed. Mtg :)

The comparison with Giant Spider (yes, from Alpha) is a bit strange though. It is a MTG staple card and was reprinted as late as 2017. The bad VTES cards you refer to are simply bad design, presumably not even seriously playtested at all and will never see play.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2018 08:39 #87889 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic top ten worst....

and will never see play.

If not getting a rather extensive errata.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
04 Jun 2018 10:43 - 04 Jun 2018 10:51 #87895 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic top ten worst....

Just remember that considering letter from Vienna now is like making a comment of Giant Spider from 4th ed. Mtg :)

The comparison with Giant Spider (yes, from Alpha) is a bit strange though. It is a MTG staple card and was reprinted as late as 2017. The bad VTES cards you refer to are simply bad design, presumably not even seriously playtested at all and will never see play.

Giant spider is a LIMITED staple. Reach is valuable in limited. It may be poor in constructed formats, but it is quite playable in limited. We are looking into cards that have no merits to be playable pretty much ever. Magic expansions are designed mostly around limited, while having chase constructed staples as bait to make people buy boosters.

Abandoning the flesh ? If this was playable as an action modifier (and thus you could play it when you are getting archoned) it might be playable in a dementation bleed deck. As it is: no go

Street cred . Too limited, not important enough effect, costs blood. This card has sparked quite a lot of discussion in my weekly games, since there is one person who likes to play this(mostly in enkidu multirush iirc).

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 04 Jun 2018 10:51 by Bloodartist.

More
04 Jun 2018 16:21 - 04 Jun 2018 18:59 #87906 by mathusalem
Replied by mathusalem on topic top ten worst....
Your remark about street cred is interresting, because it looks playable, from my beginner's perspective, I only had objections regarding the art.
A bad card masquerading as a playable card....hmmm.

:tore:
Last edit: 04 Jun 2018 18:59 by mathusalem.

More
04 Jun 2018 16:35 #87907 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic top ten worst....

Chiram's Hold, Cold Amber's Hold, Elder Michaelis' Hold, Regarhagan's Hold.

I didn't even know about these cards but wow are they useless. They cost you blood or pool, but you use them to return a card from the opponent's ash heap (discard pile) to their hand, and that card costs more to play.

The Holds are pretty bad cards. That's not how they work, though.

They all take a copy of a card from someone's ash heap, and tax additional copies being played. They all cost blood or pool. They all burn at the price of discarding a copy of the card as discard phase action or 2 pool(that you played to pay the card) or 4 blood(twice what your minion paid, but it can be divided between vamps/actions...) .

The bolded part of LBP's post is what I was pointing out as incorrect, which is why I bolded it.

More
04 Jun 2018 18:02 #87910 by thelonius reloaded
My point on giant spiders was that it was the
Only common pretty old card I remembered that moment. Maybe also letter from Vienna has seen some use many years ago, and now is just wasted wood

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds