file top ten worst....

22 Jul 2018 16:37 #89194 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic top ten worst....
Worst lists are, to me, more about the humor of how bad cards can be in CCGs. If looking for cards to avoid, seems like more interested in cards that sound better than they are rather than cards that are hardly ever or never played (of which there are a lot).

Cards like Elder Library, Visit from the Capuchin, Crocodile's Tongue are cards I consider that sound like they provide more than they do. The first two because of how the draw mechanic works in the game and how the play of a card alters the hand, the latter because I find that my opponents like to block with 10 caps, also being successful at actions is something I prefer over annoying attempts to block, which is where I prefer stealth or block denial.

I could bring up most offensive cards (mechanicswise), but that's a different topic and I'm thinking I wouldn't even get to 10 before my outrage would abate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2018 17:21 #89196 by Ratadin
Replied by Ratadin on topic top ten worst....
Crocodile's Tongue is pretty decent on an Aching Beauty deck: You opponent already payed 1-2 pool to block you, so now they will pay 2 extra blood, justy for you to finally play change of target and do something else.

More
22 Jul 2018 17:24 #89197 by Snodig
Replied by Snodig on topic top ten worst....

Crocodile's Tongue is pretty decent on an Aching Beauty deck: You opponent already payed 1-2 pool to block you, so now they will pay 2 extra blood, justy for you to finally play change of target and do something else.

Is that a legal play?
Aching Beauty triggers when an action is blocked, Croc can be played when a minion attempts to block.

More
22 Jul 2018 20:04 #89201 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic top ten worst....

Is that a legal play?
Aching Beauty triggers when an action is blocked, Croc can be played when a minion attempts to block.

Aching Beauty
Master

[Toreador] Toreador

[2 Pool]

Master.
Put this card on a Toreador. If this Toreador is blocked, the controller of the blocking minion burns 1 pool (before combat occurs, if any)

Change of Target
[Action Modifier] Action Modifier

Only usable when this acting minion is blocked (play before combat, if any). Untap the acting minion, do not tap the blocking minion, and end the current action (it is not successful). This minion cannot perform the same action again this turn.

So, I'm bleeding. You attempt to block. I play crocs tongue. You burn blood. I'm blocked. Damn. You burn a pool for each aching beauty. I change of target. I untap, you're not tapped, and I'm probably about to call KRC. Toreador can be annoying.

More
22 Jul 2018 20:18 #89202 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic top ten worst....
Your ordering is correct. Ratadin's was not, which, I think, is what was called into question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snodig

More
22 Jul 2018 20:36 #89203 by Ratadin
Replied by Ratadin on topic top ten worst....
Yeah, you are right, although thanks to this exchange I some corrections to do the next time I play with my friend...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds